Then Install the UiPath extension In microsoft edge.
Please note, you are using edge but enabling extension in Chrome, that is the issue actually. Please check
Please open edge and navigate to edge://extensions/ and enable extension
Check All below steps once.
- Ensure that the UiPath extension is installed and enabled in the browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Firefox). Go to the browser’s extensions or add-ons menu and verify if the UiPath extension is present and activated. If it’s not installed, you can download and install it from the UiPath website.
- If the UiPath extension is already installed and enabled, try disabling and re-enabling it. Sometimes, extensions can become unstable or encounter conflicts, and a simple disable/enable process can resolve the issue.
- Check for any updates to the UiPath extension. Make sure you have the latest version installed. UiPath periodically releases updates to address bugs and compatibility issues.
- Restart both the browser and the UiPath Studio or Robot. Sometimes, a fresh start can resolve any temporary communication problems.
- If the issue persists, try using a different browser. For example, if you were using Chrome, switch to Firefox or another supported browser and see if the problem persists. This can help determine if the issue is specific to a particular browser.
- Review the UiPath documentation and community forums for any known issues related to the browser or extension you are using. Other users may have encountered similar problems and found solutions or workarounds.
- If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider reaching out to UiPath support or their community forums for further assistance. Provide them with the error message and any relevant details about your environment, such as the UiPath version, browser version, and operating system.