Does Uipath support old(like 2007) version of Excel and other office tools?

My process involving Excel is always reporting error and I wonder if Uipath has strict requirements on Office version?
Crazy…
If you know, please tell me and I will really appreciate it.

@Lanxin_Jiang

For extension .xls use excel application scope and can use your activities inside the excel application scope.

For .xlsx you don’t need of excel application scope, also, please let me know errors you are facing

Thanks

Hi, when I was trying to run a process to copy the content of CSV to an Excel file, it shows an Error.
Job stopped by an unexpected exit code: 0xC0000005
ExceptionType: System.Exception
Details: RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Job stopped with an unexpected exit code: 0xC0000005

Here is one of the logs:
20:32:50.5948 Error System.IO.FileLoadException: API restriction: The assembly ‘file:///C:\Users\jlxle\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-20.4.1\Rules\zh-Hant\Microsoft.Expression.Prototyping.Interactivity.resources.dll’ has already loaded from a different location. It cannot be loaded from a new location within the same appdomain.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.ReflectionOnlyLoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
at UiPath.Studio.Analyzer.AssemblyLoading.DirectoryAssemblyLoader.GetAssemblies(String path)
20:32:51.2729 Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
20:32:51.3365 Warn Feature LibraryServiceV1 is not supported

@Lanxin_Jiang

For CSV file you need to use Read CSV activity, It will output you Datatable, after that you can put a for each row activity and place a write Cell activity, by that you can write to excel

Hope this helps

Thanks

Thx. I have solved the problem. It turns out that my version of office can not use the excel add-in. After reinstall one office 2016, the studio runs well.

1 Like