Does Ui path support websites developed using Angular or Angular JS?

Hi Team,

We have got a project requirement to automate a process and that portal is developed in angular. I am aware there will not be ID or names for html elements developed in Angular. Could anyone suggest on this?
Thanks,
Ulaga

Yes, the ID & names will be dynamic hence selector cannot be used. You may have to use “Click Image”. You will face this problem with any RPA tool.

@Boopathi it is not usually normal practice for there not to be name attributes for input in an Angular application. If this is an Angular 2+ project then more than likely they used the reactive form builder and would have used formControlName so you should be able to target it the same way you would name or ID.

Hope this helps in the future as I am sure at this point you have moved on.

1 - you need to hire skilled Angular developer :smile:

Main skills for Angular dev to be good at:

Hi @Yoichi @Anil_G @

Could you please provide some insights on this topic.How to deal with website which is developed by angular?.We couldn’t find reliable selector sometimes.Any workarounds are available?

TIA

@sangeethaneelavannan1

Did you try cv activities?

Alternately tag and classes can help in angular

Cheers

I haven’t tried cv activities.But, will try and see.
Class attributes are also dynamic and it contains numbers that may vary as well

@sangeethaneelavannan1

Use partial classes whicha re constant and instead of numbers use star

Cheers

1 Like

Some of the text box only support hardware events input method and it took long time to type in the big text.

@sangeethaneelavannan1

Try assigning the text to clipboard and then use send hot keys with ctrl+v so that the text is pasted at once…and make sure to do a click before sending and dont use activiate for sending keys

Cheers

Yeah,the same way I did as well.I am just wondering if any changes happens in future application release would it affect the bot or not.I will try with CV anyway.Thanks for the info

1 Like

@sangeethaneelavannan1

If yhe ui level changes are happening the selectors might get little effected…but it would not wffect the pasting of data nor the inputs

Cheers