Does Robot Agent responsible for publishing a workflow/package from Studio to Orchestrator?

I could understand that the Robot Agent (which is displayed into System Tray) is responsible for connecting the Robot to the Machine and executing the process on that machine.

Does this Robot Agent also responsible for publishing a workflow/package from Studio to Orchestrator (meaning, when we click on Publish button in studio, it gets populated into Orchestrator)?
If No, then what component/settings make the package correctly gets published to your Orchestrator from the Studio? I am little confused in this part.
Thanks.

@gopal_1981, interesting question. Agent establishes a connection with Orchestrator and because of that only we can Orchestrator option under publish. You can publish a to any custom location not only on orchestrator. The agent’s role is just to connect the machine with orchestrator and unzipping packages on machines.

Actually studio archives project folder into a package including all project files and published it to any custom location.

I believe you have got your answer.

#HappyRobotics

5 Likes

@gopal_1981

If Robot is connected to orchestrator it will directly publish to Orchestrator.

If not after publishing locally in custom location, we can upload the nuget package to orchestrator in the package section and shown in screenshot.

2 Likes

Nice explaining @vikaskulhari :slight_smile:

This is the answer for your question @gopal_1981

1 Like

Thanks @vikaskulhari for your reply.
So in another words, you are saying that because of Agent created connection between machine and Orchestrator, we can directly push (publish) a package from Studio to Orchestrator. Right?

I have another question here, If i want to use Machine-B just to run a process (from orchestrator), do i need to install Studio there? Or can we just install UiPath Agent on that machine & how?

Thanks @Lahiru.Fernando !

1 Like

Thanks @Sreelatha278 for your comments.

Hi
In addition to all our friends comment I would like to add few more points
Let’s go one by one
—usually UiPath is of two components while installing where one is Studio and another one is Robot
—Orchestrator is a web application to manage and monitor the robots and its execution
—In Robot tray or Robot Agent, we get displayed with package names getting uploaded from two mean
Either studio feed or orchestrator feed
—that is if the robot is connected to the orchestrator, whatever the packages been published from studio, is feed to orchestrator and that will get displayed in the Robot Tray, or ROBOT agent (here Robot tray or Robot Agent is just a User Interface for our robot which is installed din our machine, that displays the packages to which Robot is tagged to)
—if the robot is not connected to the orchestrator then the robot agent, the user interface will display only the studio feed packages
That is what mentioned in the previous comments as published to any location and not only to the orchestrator

And for this

Again Robot Agent is a user interface where ROBOT is the key term to be used which is what is connected to orchestrator

And finally for this

Yah of course we can install UiPath ROBOT alone without studio if it’s a .msi installer file
Instead clicking Install on the license agreement page, simply go to advanced options

Hope this would help you
Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @gopal_1981

3 Likes

Thanks @Palaniyappan for detailed explanation.

I am pretty much clear on my earlier questions. BTW,

We install a Robot on machine along with studio. Robot Agent is just UI for that installed Robot.
And other hand, we create Robot in Orchestrator too. So are these two different entities with same name ‘Robot’?
OR in Orchestrator, we just give a name to the Robot which we installed on machine?
Might be I am overthinking or getting confused. It could be foolish question, but i want to clear my concept. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.