Does modifying the datarow TransactionItem change the row in the datatable TransactionData?

Hi there

I wanted to know if my actions on a Datarow on a TransactionItem variable have an effect on the Datatable TransactionData. The reason is that I’m adding new items in that were left empty on purpose.

So should I just build a new datatable and output the modified TransactionItem, or can I just use the TransactionData’s datatable?

Thanks in advance

@matteo.tatibouet

It’s not required to build new DataTable. You can modify existing TransactionItem and do your operations. At the end of process, use Write Range and pass DataTable as TransactionData to write back into the Excel file.

1 Like

Hi @matteo.tatibouet,

Yes - your actions on a Datarow on a TransactionItem variable will have an effect on the Datatable TransactionData.

Whatever you do with the TransactionItem (DataRow) will be propagated to TransactionData (DataTable). Thus, you don’t need to build a new DataTable for it.

1 Like

Just what I was wondering, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.