Does anyone know what a "Thumbs" error means?

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a process where file names are copied out of certain folders into an excel column. However, for some reason the result output for some columns are “Thumbs” instead of the file name. Did anyone have the same issue before? Or does anyone know what “Thumbs” in this context could mean?

Thank you in advance for your help!

It actually is a file… most often a hidden file. Called ‘thumbs’ or ‘thumbs.db’.
So it seems your robot works correctly.

Hello @esa9440

Welcome to UiPath community…!

Could you please explain how you are doing these steps?

You can either do as below.

Directory.GetFiles(“FolderPath”)

Then you can use a for each activity to loop through the list and then write to excel

or

You can use List to datatable activity and then use a Write Range activity.

Thanks

Thank you both for your quick reply! @Jeroen_van_Loon you are right, i made it visible and can see it now. Do you know if these files are in general necessary or can be deleted? Sometimes I have more than one file in a folder and i would need all of the file names in a column as an output. Therefore, the “thumbs” is disturbing - while i still need a solution for taking all the filenames in a folder…

Thanks again!

Try this one:

@Jeroen_van_Loon thank you a lot for your help! It works now :slight_smile:

Hi @Rahul_Unnikrishnan, I am using the Directory.GetFiles, but just getting one file out of the folder. Is there a way to get all the files and write it in one excel column below each other. (Sometimes a folder contains 2 or more files.

Can you please share the expression that you have used?

If you use the below expression it will give you the list of file names. Then if you need to write to an Excel, you can use Collection to datatable activity and then use a write range activity.

Directory.GetFiles(“FolderPath”)

Thanks