Document Understand : Data Extraction failing for certain files with error "the document exceeds the maximum allowed size of a request"

Hey folks,

Have gone through the process of Document Understanding to read invoices that have been placed in a specific directory. Thanks to the tutorial videos!

But now, I’m faced with a weird kind of issue where after 2 or 3 invoices have been validated and the loop picks up another invoice, the data extraction fails with the following error:

Data Extraction Scope : The document exceeds the maximum allowed size of a request

Now i know there’s nothing wrong with my UI Path activities/processes. So i’m guessing the issue is with the invoice pdf.

On checking the pdf it seems it has a lot more data content as compared to the ones processed prior to it. Is there a work around for this type of a problem?

Please do let me know if you need any further information.

Thanking you in anticipation,
Praveen

Hi Praveen,

I’m facing the exact same problem. Did you find a solution?

Kind regards,
Thordis

1 Like

Hello. Which Extractor are you using inside the Scope and what is the size of the pdf invoice that is failing?

Hello @tudor.serban ,

I am also running into a similar issue. The PDF size = 273.24 MB.
I am using Document validation action in DU Package.

The exception thrown: UiPath.DocumentUnderstanding.Persistence.OrchestratorException: Error trying to create optimized pdf

bei UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities.BaseOrchestratorClientAsyncActivity.ThrowIfNeeded(Task task, Boolean suppressThrowException)
bei UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities.BaseOrchestratorClientAsyncActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
bei System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
bei System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

This happened even with some PDFs of less size.
Would you please help me?