Disaster when Move File to a destination folder which was not exist

The Move File activity will not work well if the destination folder is not exist, will it?
When I used Move File activity, I didn’t create the destination folder. After running, the files were moved into a “file” that cannot be opened. How can I open the destination file or folder?

SAI is the name of my destination folder

1 Like

Hey @Marginalizer

Kindly create the folder if it not exist before moving.

Thanks
#nK

Do you know how to recover the files in the “SAI”?

1 Like

Hey @Marginalizer

What happened to that directory ?

Is that created or there is some issue ?

Kindly let us know more details on that to check if that can be recovered.

Thanks
#nK

I want to move the files to the folder “SAI” using “Move File” activity, but I didn’t create this folder before the this activity. After running the program, “SAI” was created but it was not a folder. It can be opened with Acrobat. It is the last file that was moved form the original folder. I think the other files were lost.

1 Like

Yes @Marginalizer

Kindly as discussed please create folder before Move.

I mean you need to handle the above in automation.

Thanks
#nK

Is there ant way to recover the lost files?

1 Like

Nope. sorry @Marginalizer

I’m not sure of it.

Thanks
#nK

i assume the file was of pdf type , so the file name before you ran your code was “SAI.pdf”
currently after moving the filetype is nothing , just try to rename the file to “SAI.pdf” and try to open , it may work , Before doing this keep backup of the “SAI” file in another place so that if my solution fails then we can search for more ways of recovery

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.