Difficulty in Utilizing Microsoft.Data.SqlClient and System.Data.SqlClient Libraries with the net6.0 Framework to Construct a Custom Activity

I am currently using “system.data.sqlclient,” but I am unable to use it for Windows compatibility in UiPath because the latest version only supports 4.8.5. I replaced it with “microsoft.data.sqlclient,” but it also has the latest support of 4.8.5. Unfortunately, neither of these libraries allows me to use my custom activity in UiPath. Although I can install the package without any issues on Windows, I get an error when I run the process. I am considering whether there are any other dependencies that are compatible with both .NET Framework 4.6.1 and .NET 6.0 and have all the features of the system.data.sqlclient dependency.

1 Like

Hi

If you need a SQL client library that is compatible with both .NET Framework 4.6.1 and .NET 6.0, you can try using the System.Data.SqlClient library, which is part of the .NET Framework and should be available in both .NET Framework 4.6.1 and .NET 6.0.

@indiedev91

I have utilized the NuGet Package Explorer to add the required dependencies to my project and have also added the necessary assembly references. Additionally, I have double-checked multiple times to ensure that I have added the correct versions of all dependencies. I even attempted to use version 4.1.0 of Microsoft.Data.SqlClient, which is the same version used in the latest version of UiPath.Database.Activities package.