Different results from manual started or triggered automation

Hello everbody,

I am trying to find out why my developed automation behave differently when it is started by a trigger in orchestrator or started manually in orchestrator or assistant.
I have developed an automation that should read data from a mainframe program.
To get the data I have to use a region and write it into a Data Table. In the end the collected data will be written to an Excel file.
Whenever or where ever I start the automation manually it works fine and I get the wished result but when it is started by a trigger in orchestrator the result of the excel file is not the data of the defined region but anything else.
I first thought that it may be due to the monitor resolution on the machine the robot works but after I changed this the strange result by the triggered automation was the same as before.

I would appreciate any help for my problem.

Many regards
Sigrid

Hi there @sigrid.ogden,
I hope you are well!

What is the error you receive when triggering the process?
Also, are you making use of Community or Enterprise?

Thanks once again for your support,
Josh

Hi Josh,
thanks I am well. Hope you are too.

I am using Enterprise.
The error is that the defined region is not the same when the process is triggered as when it is started manually.
I just found out that when I started the process manually and I am watching the process on the desktop then the region is the same as it was when I was debugging it in Studio.
When it is triggered it runs completely unattended and I got the wrong result.

Does the roboter opens the windows unattended in a different size as it will when its being watched on the desktop?

Sorry, if I am not expressing myself correctly. English is not my native language.(German would be better :wink:)

Thanks for the support and king regards
Sigrid