Difference of transactionitem and transactiondata

May I know the difference of transactionitem and transactiondata ? are there any detail examples to describe these 2 things? seems the certificate exam make me confuse of these 2 things. thanks.

1 Like

@seiya.z.shen,

Transactiondata is nothing but whole input data in which we will take one by one item and will process and it’s called transactionItem.

Ex: TransactionData - DataTable
transactionItem - DataRow

1 Like

Dear Ganta,

Thanks, I want more example to describe my question. I list 2 scenario for below:

Scenario 1:

About the Work Item, then the list is :

When we click into WI5 type, it will shows:

So I assume, picture 1 is transaction item, picture 2 is transaction data ? right ?

Scenario 2:

And when we search Vendor TaxID, it shows

At this scenario, transaction item is per row of data, and transaction item is total list data, right ?

Br,

Seiya

@seiya.z.shen,

No. Its not like that.

Scenario 1:

1. We are scraping all pages using Data scraping and its giving output as DataTable and then applying filter to it. It’s called TransactionData.
  2. Then we are taking one by one dataRow from DataTable processing it. Here, DataRow is called TransactionItem.

In above, Picture 1 is TransactionItem and picture 2 is for processing our TransactionItem but not transactionData.

Scenario 2:

1. First we are scraping all Vendor TaxID and its called TransactionData.
  2. From that TransactionData, we are fetching one by one Vendor TaXID and processing it and its called TransactionItem.
1 Like

Thanks. For s1,you mean transaction data is original datatable or filtered datatable?

获取 Outlook for iOS

@seiya.z.shen,

Here, both are TransacionData only.
If you want to process only ‘WI5’ type only then we will apply filter on original dataTable and will take that filtered data as our TransacionData.

If you want to process all records irrespective of type then we will take original dataTable as our TransacionData.

Dear Ganta,

But I have a question, if we filtered a datatable, e.g. dt.select(XXX), it return the dataRow(). Means if I write like this, the machine exam won’t consider my answer is correct,
that is what I confused. :frowning:

Do you have any good idea for this one ? thanks.

Br,

Seiya

@seiya.z.shen,
Why you are feeling like that machine won’t consider your answer is correct.

Are you using REFramework or not for this assignment ?

If yes, then follow below steps:

1. In INIT state, scrape the data and filter it.
  2. In Get Transaction Data state, check TransactionData count and pass one by one transactionItem to Process Transaction Data state.
  3. In Process Transaction Data state, fetch client information data for each transactionItem and Navigate to SHA 1 site. Enter client details and then read client security Hash and enter here and change status to complete.

This process will continue till all transactionItems completed. Once completed all items then it will go to End state.

Dear Ganta,

I took an exam last yesterday, when I test my program, it’s ok to run, but………… fail the exam, it shows my lots of message:

check config file - config.xlsx for extra configurations for acme_url and acme_credential,

check for renaming activities 1,

check for renaming activities 2,

check for excel appendrange configuration,

check for correct target selector 1,

check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 1 ,

check usage of transactiondata,

check for correct usage of transactiondata,

check against using hardcoded values 2,

check using correct city values

Actually, I don’t know what are they point out, I tried to go to the forum , but found many people encounter the same issue and didn’t know how to do.
:frowning:

I just list some points e.g. transactiondata and transactionitem to ask. So you can see I have other question also feel confusion…
:frowning:

Br,

Seiya

16:27

Don’t hard code values directly into Workflow. Write ACME_URL and ACME_Credential into config.xlsx file and then read it from workflow. Store ACME_Credential either Windows credential manager or Orchestrator Assets.

Use Append Range activity to append data to excel file. And also check whether it is appending properly or not.

Don’t hardcoded any values. After fetching city values from client and Trim it do delete space before and after city name.

First print the values to check whether it is processing correctly or not. Make sure Arguments datatype should be same in entire process and specify their direction as ‘In’ or ‘Out’ or ‘In/Out’

Check selectors whether it is valid or not and also make selectors dynamic for better results. Use Wildcards or pass variables into selectors to make selectors dynamic.

And also one more thing, use same credentials both in ACME systems and academy site. Don’t use any external file references to store Input or Output.

Many thanks Ganta.

check for correct target selector 1,

for this one, I remember I didn’t change any selector after I identify them. I only use the * at the website name, e.g.
title=‘ACME System 1*’ ,so that’s why I confuse what is the wrong.

I will try to think about more for the exam. Will consult you again , many thanks for the help !!!
:blush:

Br,

Seiya

17:33

1 Like

Another question is that, for the city value, I set at config file like :

And use instr() to check whether the city in the configuration string. Is it possible to wrong at here ?

Br,

Seiya

17:33

@seiya.z.shen,

Try to print these values and check whether its matching these countries or not.

Sure, but I don’t know why it said it’s my fault.

Br,

Seiya