Difference between exception Message: timeout reached and Ui Element not found corresponding to the selector?

Can anyone explain what is, Difference between exception Message: timeout reached and Ui Element not found corresponding to the selector?

@shakeelmuc

Hope this helps

exception Message: timeout - There is a certain amount of waiting time that you may wish to configure/go with the default for an activity to be performed. (They can be found in the Properties pane.). If the activity fails to complete within that time , the timeout error occurs.

Ui Element not found corresponding to the selector - The selector that is used to find the UiElement is either invalid/incorrect.

Thanks for your quick response,
I can understand “Ui Element not found corresponding to the selector - The selector that is used to find the UiElement is either invalid/incorrect.”, but in my case Ui element is valid and can be highlighted on selector highlight using Ui Explorer for one of click activity, but still error comes up with Timeout Reached on click activity.

If that is the case please try these 2 things

1. In the Properties Pane if the activity has a Target- WaitForReady choose “Complete”. This will wait for the complete activity to load .

2. If that doesn’t work manually go to the page and then use the UiExplorer to check the selector. If there are issues please provide a screenshot for further assistance.

Thanks you, its interactive, let me try with complete option.
point number 2, I have checked selector is correct.

1 Like