Desktop-has-been-disconnected-while-performing-ui-action

im new to uipath. started learning based on videos. when i am practising notepad automation im getting desktop has been disconnected while performing ui action. Below is the error message. Im using Uipath2018.1.2 community studio version. i googled and gone thru all other threads in this forum. like enabling remotedeskktop seting dword. Didint find the solution. Can anyone guide or suggest what might be wrong? Thanks in advance.

Source: Type into ‘editable text’

Message: Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions.

Exception Type: ElementOperationException

UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.WriteText(String text, UiInputMethod inputMethod)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.WriteText(String text, InputMethod method)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

@sreelatha.68, have you tried Launch Workflow Interactive ?

Reference The difference and usage for the 2 activities under workflow\Invoke - #4 by aksh1yadav

Regards,
Dom :slight_smile:

@Dominic, im new to uipath. Need to learn. i didnt understand what are those. let me try and post the answer. Thanks in advance.

Question: why it works for others why not for me? is there any pre-requisite to install uipath or patches?

@sreelatha.68,

No worries :slight_smile: Hope every one of us had begun from the scratch. Here we have plenty of resources to learn and know more.

Coming to your question, Launch Workflow Interactive is an activity to open a windows interactive session which keeps the desktop connected while running an automation even if it gets locked. You can see more here

Regards
Dom :slight_smile:

1 Like