I am working on a project where the BOT has to perform below tasks :

1.Read 100+ PDF’s
2.Read the input excel sheet and store into Data table
2.Extract the values from PDF using Regex
3.Write the intital value in excel sheet
4.Write the Filtered values into DT and write into excel sheet
5.Add captured values to Queue

I would like to design this process as DISPATCHER in ReFramework

Can you please suggest in which state i need to place above activities in refrmework?

Do i have to remove “Get transaction” state from template?

If you have template for dispatcher. Please share with me

Note : I will create another project (Performer) to process the queue items

1 Like

Hi

To take it very simple if you are handling the performer in another REFramework as a new project then it means you have the chance to create dispatcher as a separate REFramework project

And in that project don’t remove any state like get transaction state

Do same as how you will get each row from a datatable from Get transaction state and process that in PROCESS State

In process state itself you can upload the transactions to queue if needed or to a database like excel file which is the actual expectation from a dispatcher process

Hope this clarifies

May be for reference

Cheers @Sathish_Kumar_S

1 Like

Hi @Sathish_Kumar_S

Please find the Attached Re-Framework template for dispatched .

Hope this helps,

Dispatcher-Template.zip (32.5 KB)

Thanks.

Thank you… In case we want to skip the PDF which has got error and continue with the other one… Can this template will work for my requirement?

Hi @Sathish_Kumar_S

There is no Get transaction involved in Dispatcher ,Are you including this in a for each loop, if so Yes that will work , please surround the code with Try catch block.

Thanks.

Yes reading each PDF file inside the for each… Do i have to surround only this activity in try catch block .

What activity i need to place in catch or finally block to skip the corrupted PDF file and capture values from remaining PDF’s?

Hi @Sathish_Kumar_S

Please surround your “Read PDF and Pages” sequence with a Try catch Block and in catch block you can just keep a Log message activity,
to skip the corrupted files and continue the loop.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you very much Suraj

Hi @Sathish_Kumar_S

Hope that Worked,

If so please help to mark the “Dispatcher.xaml” thread as solution, as that will be helpful for the Forum people having similar requirement.

Forum FAQ - How to mark a post as a solution - News / Tutorials - UiPath Community Forum

Hi Suraj,
I have surround the “Read PDF and Regex” sequence with a Try catch Block and in catch block… Added Log message activity.

But it is not capturing any exceptions… Simply bot is skipping the faulted pdf’s without logging the exception message

1. I have placed different format PDF -
  2. Placed the file in different file name

None of the above errors are capturing … Can you please suggest

Hi @Sathish_Kumar_S

That should work but any ways can you please try with Log level as Error.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.