Dependency Version Compatibility Issue When Publishing to Orchestrator

Hello everyone,

I’ve encountered a problem with UiPath when publishing my projects to Orchestrator. I’ve developed several tests with the following dependency versions:

• Reply.GetCSSPropertyInfo.Activities = 2.0.0
  • UiPath.System.Activities = 23.4.0
  • UiPath.Testing.Activities = 23.4.0
  • UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities = 23.2.0

All my tests work perfectly locally with these dependency versions. However, when I tried to publish them to Orchestrator, I ran into an error related to dependencies. After some research, I concluded that this error was due to the newer versions (23.4.0).

I attempted to downgrade to previous versions to make the publishing work, using the following versions:

• Reply.GetCSSPropertyInfo.Activities = 2.0.0
  • UiPath.System.Activities = 22.10.3
  • UiPath.Testing.Activities = 22.10.3
  • UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities = 22.10.3

This allowed for successful publishing, but the issue is that I have developed several tests with version 23.4.0 of the dependencies. When I try to open these tests with version 22.10.3 of the dependencies, I receive an error.

Do you have any advice on the best approach to resolve this dependency version compatibility problem while preserving the tests developed with version 23.4.0?

I appreciate your assistance and suggestions in advance.

@Fares_Ayeche1

Welcome to the community

1. If its dependency issue then you need to first check if something is blocking the dependencies to be downloaded
  2. You can copy the dependencies manually from the dev to prod machine so that there is no need to download …location C:\users\username\.nuget\packages
  3. Sometimes dependencies might not be downloded due to missing feed…try adding the feeds…check below on how to modify feed

https://docs.uipath.com/robot/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/about-the-activities-feeds#:~:text=If%20you%20want%20to%20add,adding%20or%20removing%20a%20Key%20.

Cheers

Hi @Fares_Ayeche1

Handling dependency version compatibility issues in UiPath can be challenging, especially when you have projects developed with different versions of activities. Here are some steps you can take to address this situation:

1. Version Control:

• If you are not already using version control for your projects, consider implementing it. Tools like Git can help you manage different versions of your projects and dependencies more effectively. You can create branches or repositories for projects with different dependency versions.

2. Isolate Projects:

• Keep projects with different dependency versions isolated from each other. For example, you can have separate folders or repositories for projects that require version 23.4.0 and projects that require version 22.10.3 of the dependencies.

3. Update Dependencies Gradually:

• If possible, consider updating your projects gradually to use the latest versions of dependencies. This might involve testing and updating one project at a time, ensuring that each one works with the new versions.

4. Update Tests:

• For projects that need to be downgraded to use version 22.10.3 of the dependencies, you may need to update the tests to work with this version. This might involve modifying activities or workflows that are no longer compatible due to changes in the activity packages.

5. Documentation:

• Keep detailed documentation of the versions of dependencies used in each project. This will help you keep track of which projects are using which versions and make it easier to manage them.

Remember that keeping your dependencies up-to-date is generally recommended for security and performance reasons. Therefore, consider updating your projects to use the latest versions gradually, but also be prepared for some adjustments in your workflows and tests as you transition to newer versions of activities.

Thanks!!

Hello @Nitya1

Thank you for your answer
but the problème is with this dependencie, i need to upgrade it because when i downgrade it’s not working, so the one solution is to upgrade the dep of cssPropertyInfo and in UiPath there is one version that’s the issue

Hello @Anil_G

Thank you for your answer
but the problème is with this dependencie, i need to upgrade it because when i downgrade it’s not working, so the one solution is to upgrade the dep of cssPropertyInfo and in UiPath there is one version that’s the issue

@Fares_Ayeche1
The Reply.GetCSSPropertyInfo.Activities Release Cylce is more oriented on LTS Versions
So 23.X.Y was not on the focus when the Version 2 was released

Which error do you get?

I Have sent you a PM.

go to your UiPath Forum Profile and check:
grafik