Default path of field "File/Folder Path" of (UiPath Forms) does not take the path of the project where it was created

Hi everyone, hope you all are ok

I have the following case, hope you can guide me

I am creating my second Ulpath project using UiPath forms and in both projects I use a field classified as basic component “File/Folder Path”

I started each project from scratch, each one in its specific folder

when executing the first project by clicking on the File/Folder Path field, it opens the folder where this project was created

when executing the second project (new one) and clicking on the File/Folder Path field, it opens the folder of the first project and not the second one where this project is located

apparently there is a configuration variable in the installation that both projects share

¿What variable is taking forms to determines the default location?

¿how to fix it so that the File/Folder Path field opens the location where each project was created?

I will appreciate your comments

@cesher1029

Hi, Could you share some screenshots, which shows the issue?

Thanks,
Srini

Hi

Welcome to UiPath community

It sounds like UiPath Forms is using a default folder location for the “File/Folder Path” field, and that location is set to the folder of the first project that you created. This is likely due to a configuration setting in UiPath Forms that is shared between projects.

To change the default folder location for the “File/Folder Path” field in UiPath Forms, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the UiPath Forms Designer for the second project.
  2. Select the “File/Folder Path” field that you want to modify.
  3. In the “Properties” panel on the right side of the screen, look for a property called “DefaultFolder”.
  4. Change the value of the “DefaultFolder” property to the folder location where the current project is located.
  5. Save your changes and run the UiPath Forms app.

By setting the “DefaultFolder” property to the folder location of the current project, UiPath Forms should now open the correct folder when the “File/Folder Path” field is clicked. Repeat these steps for any other “File/Folder Path” fields in the project that need to be updated.

Cheers @cesher1029

@Palaniyappan

Hi

whith the field properties I do not see a property called “DefaultFolder”, where I can change its value

I am using UiPath Studio 2023.4.0

I will appreciate your comments

any recommendation ?