Decision making to select particular script after scrapping data using OCR technology

ocr

Hi All,

I have multiple invoices (with different data structures), i have scrapped the data using OCR technology and made different scripts for each data structure.

Since the data is retrieved using ocr i am unable to make decision on which scripts to execute for further data manipulation. kindly advise

Hi

Is there any information on the invoice that is different like Customer or Account number? Is there a word in the filename or data that is different between each version of the invoice? There’s usually a word or string of words that can be used to make a decision on which script to use.

If there is not anything obvious like a word, then you need to decipher which format the data is in as your decision maker. To do so, you would need to check the position of a word or pattern that you are looking at to extract the data. In this case, you might consider using a Regex pattern. There is info online about how to set up your Regex, or provide an example text and maybe someone can help. The syntax would something like System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.IsMatch(text,pattern)

Regards.