Debugging the Complex Processes

Hi All,

Any suggestions are Welcome!

I have one Project which contains the multiple workflows. I want to run this project in Debug mode(fun F7), while running this project I got to know that one workflow has issue so I went to respective workflow and fixed the issue.

The problem or head ache here is that after fixing issue we need to run the whole program again(because other workflows are argument dependent), Is there any way to run the project from where it stopped?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nitesh N

have you check error message in the log files. I believe the log file should tell you which process is broken.

1 Like

Why don’t you use a _Test.xaml which only calls the workflow file that you would like to test? Invoke the workflow files form within this _Test.xaml by passing the static values of all the arguments it may need. You may have to keep you application open at that particular point so that the invoked workflow directly picks it up from there.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

1 Like

Hi Ram- Thank you for the response. It’s Good Idea but I feel It would be great if we have some option like “Run from this step”.

Thanks,
Nitesh

@niteshn

You can make the workflow which you want as the starting point by right clicking on that workflow and make it as set to start node.

Regards,
Mahesh

1 Like

Hi @MAHESH1- Thanks for the response.

I’m not able to see this option.

Regards,
Nitesh

@niteshn

You can use that option when you use Flow Chart

Regards,
Mahesh

Hello @niteshn,

You can open the called workflows, give some default values to the arguments/variables and test the individual workflows instead of the main file! Having crosses this hurdle you can then move on to the main file.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.