Data Scrapping Suddenly Not Working

Hi, I’m quite new to this.

I am suddenly not able to retrieve any data from the ‘Data Scrapping’ tool.
I checked this by printing a ExtractDataTable.Rows.Count.ToString and it always returns 0.

Ex. If I run the xaml file today, it’ll work, but when I run it the next day, it’s not able to get the data. The values(username, item, price, quantity) scrapped are changing everyday but the format remains the same.

I tried to re-do the Data Scrapping tool but once ‘Finished’ is clicked, it does not appear in the workflow. This is what is written in the selector in the Extract Structured Data ‘TBODY’

<webctrl css-selector='body&gt;div&gt;div&gt;article&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;table&gt;tbody' tag='TBODY' />

1. Why did my previous data scrapping not suddenly work?
  2. Why is the Data Scrapping tool not appearing in the flowchart when finished?

Thank you!

Hy @mariengo1011,

Could you please share the website you are trying to get data so I can try it myself?

Regards

LINK: https://www.lazada.com.ph/catalog/?spm=a2o4l.home.search.3.239e6db48Yfx7y&q=galaxy%20buds&_keyori=ss&from=search_history&sugg=galaxy%20buds_2_1

Hello @William_Blech_Sister , The website I’m currently using is a private business matter so I cannot share but the link I shared above seems to be a good replacement. :slight_smile: I’m able to extract the data I need but when I run it after a couple of hours, it doesn’t seem to work anymore. So I thought re-doing the data scrapping might be of help but it doesn’t appear in the flowchart anymore. Thank you!

Hy @mariengo1011,

If you can run it once and then after some time you cannot run it again it may be problems with selectors.

The site you show me is a sales site that must change constantly. Please.run your workflow on debug mode and check if all your selector are still valid.

Use the repair activity in the selector so Uipath adapts the selector to the frequent changes in the site

Regards

I tried using the repair activity but it just said that ‘Indiciate Element’ should be used. I tried what was suggested but unfortunately it did not work.

Do you have any idea on the part where data scrapping is not appearing in the flowchart anymore? Thank you!

Hy @mariengo1011

Whenever you create a new scraping from scratch uipath creates new sequence, probably you will find it in the main workflow

Try to find it there and let me know

1 Like

Did you manage to get the data you want?

Capture

Two data scrapping can be seen in the existing main workflow. That was yesterday, and when I ran the file today it did not work. When I add another data scrapping method(a third one), it not pop up in the workflow. It does not even ask me whether the data scrapping is multiple pages.

Hy @mariengo1011,

Can you share your workflow with me so I can take a look?

Tks

Hi @William_Blech_Sister ,

Lazada.xaml (33.7 KB)

Hy @mariengo1011,

I have opened the website, to access it there is a need of login.
How do I create a sample login for me to test it?

Thanks

Hy @mariengo1011,

I am stil lwaiting on your answer, please let me know how to proceed on the text :slight_smile:

Thank you

Hi, apologies for the late reply. This is currently used for private business so I am unable to share you any details. :frowning: But the context of it is basically creating an inventory for every purchase of the buyer. That is also why the values of the table are changing everyday.

Hy @mariengo1011,

Could you please add me to your linkedin so we can talk some more?

My name it is easy to find :slight_smile:

I am not ready to give up if you are not

Regards

PS: Please tag me on your reply so I get notified.

Regards