Data scrapping pasting into excel

Hi guys, I created a UI that takes a code from excel, paste’s it to a certain website and then after a few clicks he uses data scrapping to take out the info I need ant puts it in excel, but theres a problem that is shortening my life, because i’ve been stuck on it for 6 hours. I can’t get my UI to paste different info to different place, for example: I want him to take a code from A2, then after everything insert the info he scrapped to B2 and move on to the next one. I have a full code written, it goes through all codes, but he keeps importing the scrapped data only to B2. Can someone help me please?

Hey @Povilas_Jonikas

Sorry, The issue is not clear here.

You scraped some data from a website by inputting something from a source excel.

Then the writing this scraped data to excel is not happening as expected? Is that correct?

Thanks
#nK

Hi, @Nithinkrishna
Basically my UI takes a code from excel A1 postition, inserts that code in a certain website, then scrapes the data and he should paste the scrapped info in the same excel. But the problem is, that when the UI takes for example a code from A6, he still pastes it in B1. And this is the same with all the codes. I would like him to paste the codes like this, he takes a code from A1, scrappes the info, pastes it in B1, then takes a code from A2, scrappes the info and pastes it in B2 and ect. but my knowlage in Uipath isin’t on that level for now.

Hey @Povilas_Jonikas

Okay got it. Could you please show some snaps for better understanding?

Thanks
#nK

Ok sure, ill send the ui i’ve written and the excel file
HANDLER1.xlsx (832.9 KB)

Handler veikiantis jau.xaml (27.3 KB)

Hey @Povilas_Jonikas

You need to use a ForEachRow loop within which first read the A column CurrentRow(0) then do the scraping post which you will be assigning the scraped value to CurrentRow(1)

Once the entire loop completes, just write the DT back to excel using Write Range

Hope this helps.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Thanks a lot, im getting visuals in my head, but can I ask you to give an example? My brain just cant function all this yet. Thank you!

Hey @Povilas_Jonikas

On every loop iteration are you extracting a field value or a table itself ?

Thanks
#nK

I think it’s extracting the field value

1 Like

If it’s field value then the above should work :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Im sorry, but can i ask you to show me how it is done? I’ve tried it myself, but nothing worked and now I get a write range activity error

First thing @Povilas_Jonikas

If you are going to extract only a field value please don’t use Extract Table Data instead just use Get Text

After this will guide you for next steps.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

For us to understand each other better, I attach the exact data that i need to extract. Should i still use get text?

Hey @Povilas_Jonikas

You want to extract those as separate fields or a single chunk of text ?

and is that a public site ?

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

I would prefer it to be a single chunk of text. And yes, it is a public site

Hey @Povilas_Jonikas

Then use Get Text !

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Thanks @Nithinkrishna , I was able to solve the problem. But you said it is possible to paste the text in separate fields? How can I manage that?

You may need to Extract it separately as field from a table with input field followed by output fields and dump into Excel.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Ok thanks a lot m8 :slight_smile:

Cool @Povilas_Jonikas :slight_smile: :+1: Anytime !

1 Like