Data Scrapping Example

Hi,

I need to extract data using data scraping on this url http://itildemo.servicedeskplus.com/WOListView.do

After you visit the URL click on login as technician and click request in the menu at top.

When I try using data definition everything’s coming in a single column.

Can someone please help me with the steps how I can achieve this.

Hi @mohammedamaan,

I think you are opting ‘Yes’ button while it asks you, whether you want to extract whole table or not.
Please opt ‘No’ button while the above question appears during data scrapping. Hope it will help you and find the expected ‘Data Scrapping’.

Thanks & Regards,
Apurba

HI,

No I am opting NO but it is not capturing as required when I select element.

Hey @mohammedamaan,

Can you please send a pdf in ‘Greek’ language so that I can try for you?

Thanks & Regards,
Apurba

Using internet explorer, I was able to extract the table by selecting “Yes” when it asked if I would like to extract the data from the whole table. From there you can just remove the columns you do not need using the “Remove Data Column” Activity. Or “Filter Data Table”, if you are removing a lot of columns.

In my can when I am selecting yes it is not extracting data.

i do not have a pdf in greek. You can try on the url I shared earlier.

Hi @mohammedamaan,

I am extremely sorry, that text was not for you. Instead of replying to another Forum-mate, I texted you.

Extremely sorry.

Thanks & Regards,
Apurba

Hey @mohammedamaan,

As I have no account with the above site, I’m unable to log into that site and henceforth unable to scrap data too.

Thanks & Regards,
Apurba

You do not need an account. It is a demo site. After you click the above URL, just click login as technician it will automatically login. After that click on REquest where you will be able to see the table I want to extract.

Hey @mohammedamaan,

Thanks a lot. I have logged in successfully. What data we have to scrap?

Thanks & Regards,
Apurba

If you click the request menu at top you’ll see a grid with all request. I need to extract that and bring in it a datatable. Using data scraping for full table does not work for me. I am using IE as my browser.