Data Scrapping Empty Cell Problem

When I do data scrapping and get this data in excel under column named week period, the result shows empty cells. How can I resolve this?

execute a macro to filter the blank cells and click ctrl+A & Ctrl+(-)

Hi @Priyanka_Jharia ,

If you are Extracting the Data from a web page and writing it to the Excel, meaning here the Datatable itself would be having the empty rows present in it.

We could Remove the Empty rows and then write the datatable to the Excel file. We should be able to remove the Empty rows using the Below Expression in an Assign Activity :

DataTableVar = DataTableVar.Rows.Cast(Of DataRow)().Where(Function(row) Not row.ItemArray.All(Function(field) field Is DBNull.Value Or field.Equals(""))).CopyToDataTable()

You could then Write the Updated datatable to the Excel.

Let us know if you are still facing issues.

Hey let me make myself clear. I want this data in excel sheet but I think after data scrapping due to not given any specific instruction for it, result shows empty cells for it. I don’t know how to get it.

Hello Priyanka,

Are you getting this data from a webpage table to a Datatype variable or You are Datascrapping some pattern data and creating a Datatype variable?

What you can do is before Writing to Excel just use an Output Datatable Activity and print the output in a message box. This way you can cross-check whether the Webpage data itself is having some blanks.

I am getting this data from a webpage table to a Datatype variable. I try to give change it to range from text in edit data definition. In preview box too there are empty cells. The point is I can’t understand how can I scrap this type of data through data scrapping.

Hello @Priyanka_Jharia

In the modern design we have Table Extraction functionality…If you are using the modern design try to extract data using that also. Also try to scrap as a pattern.

Still if space is there, then you will have to remove the rows which are blank from the Datatable or using link u ll have to get the rows with data to an another Datatable

Hey, I tried using cv extract table and it is given the values for week range too but only for selected portion. Can you please help me how will I get the full table that continues to the multiple web pages?

Hello,

Could you plz try Table Extraction feature. You can it near to the recorder in the modern design.

not working