Data scraping within For each loop does not overwrite but appends output

Based on an excel sheet I want to loop through all the rows in order to get the corresponding ID which is then used in a master data system.
After getting this ID and putting it in the system several documents are displayed - see screenshot:

All of them are checked for specific criteria and based on this criteria either saved or deleted.
Problem:
The output of the first iteration is saved and the output of all further iterations are appended to the first data table.
But I want to have a separate data table for each iteration since no output is referenced to another.
How can I achieve that?
Thanks in advance for your help

Hi Marc, Can you reset the variable holding the ID as a first step in the for each loop?

1 Like

I solved the issue by using the Clear Data Table activity.
Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Robert_Waldinger
Should we consider it as a bug of Data scrapping?
Because Data Scrapping supports getting data many times from multiple pages, so it’s using append method, not overwrite like Write Range- i guest.
Should Uipath update it to clear data in the first run time?
There’re some risks if developer doesn’t know this requirement.

Hi @Doanh,

I consider it as a bug, but it’s that way from a very long time and I don’t think the behavior will change. It was intended that way for the cases when you don’t have a clear Next link, but rather page numbers. In this case, we avoid having to do the Append manually.

1 Like

How’s about one new option like “Append/Overwrite”- then developer can select manually?
I checked with my team, and not all of them know about this trouble :smiley:
When will work with web to extract data, to prevent error, we often put the web process into a Retry scope - so sometime the data in datatable be duplicated

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, @Doanh , I’ve added a note to our product team.

@Corneliu_Niculite FYI

1 Like