Data Scraping showing blank data in Excel extract

Hi Team,

I am practising a simple data scraping which is running without any issues however, there is no data getting extracted in excel. Attached is the sample xaml file for your kind perusal. Request you to update as to where am i lacking.Italy.xaml (9.6 KB)

@irfan.mansoori
the selector, extract data xml and the next selector were not working and did need some corrections.

Find starter help below producing following result:

Italy2.xaml (7.7 KB)

Kindly note:

• it is a good practice to fine tune the selectors after configuring with the wizard, in a lot of cases it is mandatory (e.g. your case the next page selector)
    "<webctrl tag='A' parentclass='next' />"

handling the url part can be done as by your implementation (the invoke code). for an alternate have a look here:

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your email. Request you to elaborate as to what selecters exactly need to be checked and updated if any other sites come up with the same issue. Need to understand the selecters which needs to be focused to get the desired results in future as well. Please assist on the same.

a common process is to use the wizard at first time and then cross check the result for possible post editing. Therfore we do quick check the website structure with the browser web tools (F12) and/or the uiExplorer. To give you an example for a post edit task:

the next selector is detected by witzard with:
<webctrl aaname=' ' href='?page=2' tag='A' />

here we do see very quickly that it will not work for the other pages (e.g. specific page number)
so we do modify.
"<webctrl tag='A' parentclass='next' />"

same for an empty extract result: If an extract result is empty we do edit / check the selector and the extract metadata config.

However is now the extract for the italy items working at your end?

Hello @irfan.mansoori
Hope you doing well,

Thanks for sharing the requirement. I can surely help you in your requirement.

Kindly reach me at norman1[at]talentsfromindia[dot]com or over skype, so that we can discuss in detail and can proceed it further.

Regards,

Norman

Hello @irfan.mansoori
Hope you doing well,
Thanks for sharing the requirement. I can surely help you in your requirement.

Kindly reach me at norman1[at]talentsfromindia[dot]com or over skype, so that we can discuss in detail and can proceed it further.

Regards,

Norman

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information. It is very helpful for me… And yes the data is coming as per your solution provided. Thanks again…

Hi Norman,

I am good, hope u doing good as well.

Please let me know a specific time when we can meet over skype. Will be grateful for your help in guiding me.

Hello Irfan,
Yes I’m Good too.
Can we have a discussion today on skype ?
Please let me know your skype id, so that I can add you over there and then we can have discussion or else you can add me over there.

Skype id: live:norman_2445

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Norman

Hi Norman, I have sent a Hi on Skype Please confirm what time can we have a discussion on skype.

Hi Norman, Im awaiting your call to discuss on the same.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.