Data scraping 'Show Email'

Hi,
Is it possible to scrape data when part of the data field is covered by a ‘Show Email’. In order to show the email you need to click first. See Screenshot attached

How do I get around this?! yellow|690x361

Thanks
Inus

Hello,

Use a click activity to ‘Show Email’.
Then use a get text to scrape the data from there asusual.

Thank you

There are hundreds of emails (structured data) that I need to collect. Is it possible to iterate the ‘Get Text’ function through all the records and pages?

On clicking that once, one email is availed right?
By the way i meant , you can scrape it as you wish , but use a click activity priorly.

@ClaytonM and @loginerror Is it possible to get the full email, Without clicking on Show Email ?

URL : http://www.yellowpages.co.za/search/guesthoues/pretoria,+Gauteng/3

Inspected the HTML and doesn’t look like you can extract the email address without executing a click.

But, maybe there’s a way I’m not aware of.

What you can do though, is run a Click through either a Do While or Retry Scope, until the “Show Email” element does not exist. Then, after that, all the emails will be showing, and you can scrape the data as intended.
@inusvwyk

Also, change the DelayAfter and DelayBefore to 0 for the Click, and also decrease the TimeoutMS to 0 or atleast under 5000. Changing these delays will make the click perform much quicker.

3 Likes

Think this will do the job! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.