Data Manipulation problem

I need to extract 3 separate elements from this message box.
TaxID, Name and City…
What kind of data manipulation helps me to get it… please help me.

Hi @shruthi_arali

You can try to split that string by environment new line this will give you an array then you can easily access each index value

Thanks,
Prankur

1 Like

@PrankurJoshi… Could you please help me providing one format.

yourArrayOfStringVar = text.Split(Environment.NewLine, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries)

Try this

Thanks,
Prankur

2 Likes

@PrankurJoshi… I am getting this error.

Hi @shruthi_arali,

Good,

better we can try with anchor activity, keep those three names like TaxID, Name and City
(separately - as three anchor activity) as anchor with find text activity and get text activity to get those values.

And my small suggestion is use trim with each value, which would remove the empty spaces at the end.

Try this it is working

Use Get Text activity first it will give you a string say result then use below code, it will give to an array

youStringArray = result.Split(Environment.NewLine.ToArray, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries)
4 Likes

Hi @shruthi_arali, @PrankurJoshi

My kind suggestion is to use array, only when we know the exact size. Moreover as we have address, we may not be sure with the no of strings that may come in address. So it would be tough while initiating the array, as only then we can use array. Either we need to convert to a list for that string split by adding .ToList()

Cheers…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.