Cyberark breaks after upgrade to 20.10 and above
Cyberark breaks after upgrade to 20.10 and above.
This can happen in a scenario where a path is specified under the authentication section the Path method was specified for authentication. A bug report has been raised with our development team as of writing this article (So the issue effects at least 20.10.4)
- Check the Robot fault (Jobs->Faulted Job->Details). Check to see if the automation faulted with a message like: The user name or password is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007052E). The message could also be something about the password field being null.
- Check the event viewer logs. The best way to do this would be to trigger a bot, and then check the logs in the event viewer. These will give a hint of the issue. Most likely there will be messages like the following:
- Failed to retrieve robot password from UiPath.Orchestrator.SecureStore.CyberArk.CyberArkAimSecureStore storeUiPath.Orchestrator.Extensibility.SecureStores.SecureStoreException: Could not find password! Reason: 'XXXXXX Script run using untrusted shell.'
- Go to the CyberArk Application and check the Authentication configuration for the Vault.
- See our docs here for info about how Cyberark needs to be configured for Orchestrator
- See here Cyberark documentation for Authentication Methods
- See here Cyberark documentation for Authentication setup
- Either remove the Path Authentication, or add OS User Authentication
- For OS User Authentication, the OS User would be either the App Pool service account user or NT Authority\System if using the Default App Pool
- App Pool user can be found by going to IIS->Application Pools->UiPath Orchestrator App Pool
- After the fix, Robots should execute again and the following location should contain logs: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberArk\ApplicationPasswordProvider\Logs\