Custom code or Built in Activity - How to automate two scenarios mentioned in this post

Hi All,

Please, read every single word and example carefully :slight_smile:

I am working on an automation project where I am trying to match a value in the client’s application to the accurate item in the drop down menu.

I am new to programming and I don’t really know how to proceed further.

Can anybody provide me with guidelines to work on following queries:

1. Consider this scenario as shown in the previous post:

Client’s Loan Application system has a Block with value ‘1’

But the website on which I have to select this parameter under drop down have multiple different values in different formats such as

a) on HSBC, the drop down menu for Block Field for different building names contain items in following formats -

For some building it could be
Example:

Block/ Tower 1
Block/ Tower 2
Block/ Tower 3
Block/ Tower 4

For other buildings it could be totally unrelated to the Block value itself i.e. the item in the Block field of HSBC could be the street name of the Building or Street(Which really doesn’t make sense to anyone - Don’t know why HSBC designed it that way)

Example:

Kennedy Street

or it could be

Hsyan Building

In the second scenario for HSBC I am thinking of throwing an exception and asking the client to select the correct item manually.

a) on Hang Seng Bank’s website, the drop down menu for Block Field for different building names contain items in following formats -

For some building it could be
Example:

Beverly Villas Block 1
Beverly Villas Block 2
Beverly Villas Block 3
Beverly Villas Block 4

or

Beverly Villas Tower 1
Beverly Villas Tower 2
Beverly Villas Tower 3
Beverly Villas Tower 4

or

Beverly Villas Tower 1 Regent Estate
Beverly Villas Tower 2 Parker Town
Beverly Villas Tower 3 Amber Garden
Beverly Villas Tower 4 Wyndham Light

or it could be totally unrelated to the Block value itself i.e. the item in the Block field of Hang Seng could be the street name of the Building or Street(Which really doesn’t make sense to anyone - Don’t know why Hang Seng designed it that way either)

Example:

Kennedy Street

or

King’s Building

For the above two scenarios I am unsure how to make the proper selection for every building’s block value captured from client’s application.

Do I need to write a separate code for it in UiPath or can I use any built in Uipath activity to automate the task?

A) If I can automate it using UiPath which activity can I use and how to make the above changes on the selector for that activity?

Can anybody provide me with an example? because I am not good at programming :slight_smile: but I wish to learn

B)or do I have to write an entire line of code for the above two scenarios and ask the bot to invoke it to match only the block value ‘1’ from every item in the drop down menu wherever it is found with the block value on the client application and then make a selection in the drop down button only on this value ignoring the text preceding or succeeding it?

If yes, Can anybody provide me with an example on how to do it?

Please advise.

Refer to this workflow that I have created till now but I am stuck with problem to automate the above mentioned scenarios.

Main1.xaml (125.6 KB)

Book2.xlsx (8.7 KB)