Custom Activities (Working from Solution, but not from UIPath)

I have created Custom Activity (as it is mentioned in here https://activities.uipath.com/docs/creating-a-custom-activity). All good when I did sample program.

But when I started creating Custom Activity with many DLLs involved, It kept throwing an error as shown in the attached image. I could able to successfully add that activity in uipath.

The same project is working fine in Visual Studio. This is .Net Class Library and third party DLLs.

HI Buddy @SekarPNagaraj

Welcome to UiPath Community
May be this could help you with your issue

Cheers @SekarPNagaraj

Hey @SekarPNagaraj

You have to include also the dependent dll which you are using within your project.

Regards…!!
Aksh

2 Likes

@SekarPNagaraj
Need to add references into your project.

1 Like

Hello @aksh1yadav, Thanks for replying. You mean in the UiPath? There is a VPN connection needed for this code to work, When I debug it from Solution, could see Secure Application Manager is showing the activities which are connected. But from UiPath when I run that particular workflow, there is no activities shown as connected in SAM. Could that be a problem?

but when I started creating Custom Activity with many DLLs involved, It kept throwing an error as shown in the attached image. I could able to successfully add that activity in uipath.

If there is a VPN connection needed for this code to work I can recommend you to use one of the free services. You can look at the VeePN. It is really a great decision that you can use in order to hide your real IP address and make everything in the network. Now it is absolutely free, you can try it on your desktop or the mobile version at smartphone.

1 Like