Current selector is invalid error

Im opening a browser by specifying the url from my uipath application and giving the id by reading an excel file and submitting the form. That id will show in the title. So I can not hardcode the title.

@binoyav Ok if you’re sure that id will always be present in the title as it is present in Excel file, then try giving this value to titlle
title = ‘*YourID_Value*’

you mean in the selector section in the properties panel ?

@binoyav Yes

PFA
Showing error on validate.
Also attaching the attach browser activity. There its *

@binoyav
Have a look here. It will help you on creating a dynamic selector and allows you validation of the selector as well

1 Like

Sorry… the issue is happening when the id is not found in db, that time the title is not changing. So I have to use “*” always I hope.
Also when I set the dynamic title using “Choose variable” option its not validating. Its working only with “Create variable”.

Any help ? The code is not stable. One day its working and the next day its not…

@binoyav You can try adding the variable to the selector as mentioned in the above posts or you can send the Selector in a text format, we’ll modify and send it back to you with variable added.

<html app='chrome.exe' title='{{newVar}} | Incident | Page name - Highly Confidential' />

I have made the html title as static, even though Im getting the title as

My page view source is showing as

Page name - Highly Confidential

Anything todo with attach browser ?

@binoyav - from the selector - pls remove title=‘*’ and try again. It will work fine.
just keep it simple like below -

<html app="chrome.exe" />

1 Like

@binoyav Have you tried keeping the title in this way and checked if it is working :
title =‘*{{newVar}}*’

This is the edit for my earlier post. I have added new variable
<html app='chrome.exe' title='{{newVar}} | Incident | Page name - Highly Confidential' /> <webctrl id='gsft_main' tag='IFRAME' /> <webctrl id='sn_form_inline_stream_entries' tag='DIV' />

I have made the html title as static, even though I’m getting the title as

<html app='chrome.exe' title='INC2033897 | Incident | Page name - Highly Confidential' />
<webctrl id='gsft_main' tag='IFRAME' />
<webctrl id='sn_form_inline_stream_entries' tag='DIV' />

My page view source is showing as
Page name - Highly Confidential

Anything todo with attach browser ? Why the id is showing in selector editor even after I remove it ?

@binoyav - Just remove title from the selector and check - it will work perfectly.

> <html app='chrome.exe' />
> <webctrl id='gsft_main' tag='IFRAME' />
> <webctrl id='sn_form_inline_stream_entries' tag='DIV' />

PFA. validate is showing in red

@binoyav
have a check if parts of the url can be used within the selector as the url also can be used as selector tags
Also ensure that not more browsers / tabs are open as needed. Often this occurs during RnD and blocks the attach Browser procedure

1 Like

can you do the selector using UiExplorer and remove only title section - > copy and paste back in the selector Editor and verify.

1 Like

Still validate error.

<html app='chrome.exe' /><webctrl id='gsft_main' tag='IFRAME' /><webctrl id='sn_form_inline_stream_entries' tag='DIV' />

There is a difference with initial screenshot selector and this… can you try like earlier one!

<html app='chrome.exe' />
<webctrl id='sn_form_inline_stream_entries' tag='DIV' />
1 Like

When I indicate Element, its coming with iframe id. So for checking I removed and checked. In both cases, its not working. Problem is with iframe ? The iframe title is dynamic and page title is static.