Critical Error with memory while using Studio

I and some other colleagues get an issue where Studio throws up a critical error and is not able to function further. It looks like a memory leak on first inspection.

What is causing the following error?

Error: System.Exception: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2147024882

On which activity you are getting this error?

And if you provide more details like what is type of application? Windows?

Also when you are launching application manually is system memory usage exceeds?

Update your graphic card drivers.

It is not on an activity, it is UiPath Studio. Doesnt really matter which type of processes.

Card drivers have already been updated to the latest version

Hi @ivkali,
May I know what Studio Version do you have? If it is older than 21.4 or 21.10 could you please check if the same is happening on the newest version?

Please also describe when this issue is happening. Is it something regular or random?

Hi Pawel,

I did see that at least my local machine was using 21.4, So I updated it and will see if that does the trick.

Another version on a virtual desktop is still 21.4.5, so If that error returns there, I will give an update.

It used to happen multiple times while developing, so regularly.

This mistake is Still occuring on the virtual desktop

Hi Pawel,

I am not getting the error at the moment with the new version, But UiPath Studio seems to continue blowing up in terms of GB’s in the memory, which causes it to freeze.

@ivkali 21.4 had some issues with memory management. We fixed all the known issues in 21.10. Also, we discovered a new issue with C# that is fixed in the upcoming 21.10.4 patch.

Please try with our latest version and if still is not working for you we will investigate more.

1 Like

Sure, ill keep you updated

This continues to be a problem in 2022.10

It happens whenever I’ve been running Studio for a long time without shutting it down, which suggests it is in fact a memory leak.

I can usually tell it’s coming because Studio becomes slow and sluggish, even when doing simple things like adding a new Assign task to a process or changing the order of existing steps.

This continues in the current version 2022.10.3 too…
Iam facing this issue still.

We also observe the same error in 22.10.X.

In addition, we have another bug which is noted here : Studio crashes continuously on 22.4.x and 22.10.x

Not sure if they are somehow related or not. Different error messages though.

same here, just open 3 test cases in studio :roll_eyes:
Had a call yesterday with UiPath, they will discuss the problem …

Hi
I am facing the same issue for my studio with version 2022.4.4
Has UiPath provided any solution for this issue?

Same with 2023.4.1