Creating data table using regex

Good morning
I’m attempting to build a data table using REGEX. I need to place the “groups” into the columns on the data table. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks!

group 1 - Agency
2 - GBL
3 - TRANSID
4 - EMP NAME

Hi

Hope the below steps would help you resolve

1. Once after using Matches activity or with an expression the output of Matches activity will return an IEnumerable<Match> and Match has a Groups method which returns a GroupCollection.

So if my activity output variable was matchOut and I wanted to get the first group in the first match instance, I would need:

matchOut(0).Groups(1).Value

Use the same for all in a ADD DATAROW ACTIVITY

1. Say your datatable name is dt
    Now use a FOR EACH activity and pass the above matches varivale as input and change the type argument as System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match

2. Inside the loop use a Add Datarow activity and mention in ArrayRow property like this

{matchOut(0).Groups(1).Value, matchOut(0).Groups(2).Value, matchOut(0).Groups(3).Value, matchOut(0).Groups(4).Value}

And in datatable property mention as dt

Cheers @gustavo_marrufo

1 Like

Hi,

If result of the Matches activity has some Match instances and you want to input them to the datatable, the following expression might help you.

dt = matchesResult.Select(Function(m) dt.Clone.LoadDataRow(m.Groups.Cast(Of Group).Select(Function(g) g.Value).Skip(1).ToArray,False)).CopyToDataTable

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.