Counter to browser different links

Hi there, i am using a browser to download a form. To download the form, the browser open up another tab website URL that keep changing. How do i counter that?

1 Like

Hi @mark_rajkumar1

Can you please provide some additional details on the situation that you are dealing with, so the we can analyze it?

Best Regards.

1 Like

How is the URL changing

What form is being downloaded?

Is it as a PDF file, an HTML file or something else?

Please help provide more context @mark_rajkumar1

@Jatin_Nandwani @arjunshenoy it is an .xlsx form being download. The link original is e.g. www.home.com. When i click download it creates a new tab where i should download from there. The link is suppose to be www.home.com.sg.1234 but it keep changing to different running number at the back for e.g. www.home.com.sg.5678. How do i counter this?

@mark_rajkumar1

Can you please find & confirm whether there is any lateral co-relation between the file that you are trying to download & the changing number in the redirection URL? Like, if the file name number or part of the file data is being incorporated in the URL, by any chance.

Best Regards.

Basically in the Click activity use the URL property and pass the url to be:
URL=“www.home.com*”

The star would be a wildcard character that would help click the right url

None of the solutions help me

You Can Verify your URL redirection Path on this tool RedirectChecker.com to get its redirection chain and status code.

Hi @mark_rajkumar1

Keep the wildcards to dynamic the URL
Give it like this

"www.home.com.sg.*"

Now the above URL can access if the numbers is changed.

Hope it helps!!

Hope it helps!!