Could not find the UI element. I need use an anchor

I’m doing an exercise about selectors in Studio. I have to create a workflow that fills in the fields of a website with organized data that will be taken from an Excel file provided herein. It contains the following data: CompanyName, RoleInCompany, Address, Email, FullName, PhoneNumber. I
I can only use an anchor-based selectors It’s an express condition of the exercise.

This is my loop to iterate through each row of the DataTable variable.

And this is the error:

Type Company Name: Could not find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
< webctrl id=‘69YHy’ parentclass=‘ng-untouched ng-pristine ng-invalid’ tag=‘INPUT’/>

The closest matches found are:
[73%] < webctrl id=‘Dbe60’ parentclass=‘ng-untouched ng-pristine ng-invalid’ tag=‘INPUT’/>
[73%] < webctrl id=‘u7mHx’ parentclass=‘ng-untouched ng-pristine ng-invalid’ tag=‘INPUT’/>
[73%] < webctrl id=‘fWUH5’ parentclass=‘ng-untouched ng-pristine ng-invalid’ tag=‘INPUT’/>
[73%] < webctrl id=‘py6Pf’ parentclass=‘ng-untouched ng-pristine ng-invalid’ tag=‘INPUT’/>
[67%] < webctrl id=‘Go3gw’ parentclass=‘ng-untouched ng-pristine ng-invalid’ tag=‘INPUT’/>
[67%] < webctrl id=‘jExg3’ parentclass=‘ng-untouched ng-pristine ng-invalid’ tag=‘INPUT’/>
[67%] < webctrl id=‘mAtJo’ parentclass=‘ng-untouched ng-pristine ng-invalid’ tag=‘INPUT’/>
[67%] < webctrl id=‘’ parentclass=‘ng-untouched ng-pristine ng-invalid’ tag=‘INPUT’/>

Someone can I help me? thanks!

@Carmen_Tur

to use Anchor Base you have to drag and drop that activity from the Activities panel, btw find below the sample for using Anchor Base activity, Hope this helps, and for every event, you have to use that many anchor base activities

2 Likes

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Already works correctly!

Now I have an automation error. The robot writes in the fields but fails with First Name field and Last Name fields. Those fields have to be extracted from Excel file’s Full Name column. I save the substring (FirstName and LastName) from full name in a variable type string but in the automation the robot sometimes crashes and writes them in any other field at random.

How can I correct that?

That’s it. I corrected the latter myself.

I checked in the properties panel of the activities and the selector of First Name element didn’t have the attributes correctly. Everything works now.

Thank you very much again!

1 Like

@Carmen_Tur
That’s great, keep it up :+1:

also a small tip, in almost all activities you will find this property called WaitForReady under Target, select for COMPLETE from that option, do read the definition for your better understanding

1 Like

Take note!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.