Could not connect to UIPath Robot service.make sure the service is started

And thats the error message:

System.Exception: Could not connect to UiPath Robot Service. Make sure the service is started!
at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.FaultTolerantProxy.g__CheckService|10_0()
at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.FaultTolerantProxy.CheckAvailability()
at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.FaultTolerantProxy.get_Channel()
at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.GetRobotConnectionStatus()
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.RobotStudioBridge.Execute(WorkflowDocument document, Boolean isDebugging)

Make sure if Older versions exists and maybe causing conflict with New version. Verify Admin Privilegies too. Uninstall and reinstall latest, reboot and try again.

1 Like

Hi asesor-rpa,

thanks for your quick reply - but it did not work.

What else could it be? Is there any option to install an older version maybe? 'Cause with all older version, everthing went well.

Best regards
Simon

Disable antivirus and check events log viewer to see what happens when service starts. Stop and Start manually from services panel

Hi Asesor-rpa,

unfortunately, I am not able to stop it manually.

Does the screenshot help?

Best regards
Simon

Solution: Sounds strange but did work: I took an older link to download an older version of UiPath software. Somehow, they transformed the link so I got the latest version anyway.

BUT: Then it worked - maybe it will help. Just take another link in case you have my descripted issues.

Thanks to all of you anyways :slight_smile:

Best regards
Simon

1 Like

Could also be licensing issue if expired.

I too faced the same issue when trying to run simple programs on UiPath 2019.9.2. I also had older version of UiPath Studion 2018.4 on same machine. After trying all the permutations and combinations, when i uninstalled 2018 completely … the code on 2019.9.2 ran.

I believe that newer versions of UiPath cannot co-exist with older versions.

1 Like

@Abudhahir Please check task manager and make sure UiPath.Service.Host.exe is running along with your UiPath.Agent.exe.

Good morning,

I have face the problem “Could not connect to uipath robot service, make sure the service is started”.

I already have done the stop and start in Services location but it didn’t work. I need some help!

Thank you,
Pedro

hey @Pedro_Alves ,
I too faced the same issue.

Just uninstall the UiPath studio and reinstall it. Try running the same project again. you’ll get the output for sure.

I did this and worked for me. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Also you can try restarting the system.
when i reinstalled the uipath it was working fine. And when i opened the UiPath after shutting down the pc, that same issue came .

Then i just restarted the system. error gone.

Just try this way guys.

Hello,

I am having the same issue

I am currently trying to activate my licence key from the free trial
First off he didn’t recognize my orchestrator url, since it got moved into the cloud recently I thought it may have something to do with that.

The real issue that is similar to the one you gave is the fact that when I open my assistant it tells me that UiPath robot service is not recognized. Yet it is running. And when I force restart it, or stop then start it again, it seems to never recognize it.

That may also have something to do with the fact that I did the 60 days trial, but since I did, I uninstalled UiPath and reinstalled it.
Please help.

Hi @Corentin_Caspers

You mentioned that you are using the trial key, but also that you are using the Cloud Orchestrator.
Therefore, could you clarify:

• do you want to switch to the Community Edition after using the Trial Enterprise edition before?

If so, the best way would be to clear all your UiPath files and start fresh:
How to fix your Studio installation / Licensing issues

Now, if you are trying to go the other way, from Community Edition to the Enterprise trial, you might want to check if the key you got is not for the Orchestrator, rather than for just Studio. If that is the case, you will have to install Orchestrator on-premise and then connect your robots to it to get the licenses.

You can verify your situation at this contact form to our licensing support:

Thank you about the information.

I did succeed in accessing it, but with a recent update or many for some reason after updates of my machine, UiPath stopped recognizing it…

I will try clearing all my files and see if this changes anything.

I have the same issue and have installed/uninstalled 5 times (not joking) I don’t know what else to do…

I have the same issue and when I try to do this I get an error

I tried to “start” all of the uipath services

Check this documentation:

Also, I recommend uninstalling completely the UiPath Robot Modify or Uninstall Studio. You should double check if in Control Panel → Programs & Features → sort by Publisher → look for UiPath and double check to not have Uipath Studio and UiPath Platform installed at the same time. If yes, then uninstall both of them, look in your system for UiPath folders, and delete them. Perform a machine restart.

Then download the UiPath Studio installer again and install the Unattended robot following Installing the Robot or Modify or Uninstall Studio. We recommend also performing a machine restart.

In the end, open UiPath Assistant and connect to Orchestrator using the Machine Key.

If you made some changes in uipath.config file (in Studio installation folder) double check if the XML syntax is correct, otherwise the UiPath Robot service in services.msc may not start.

Let us know if this helped.

I tried completely uninstalling 5 times, and reinstalling and that never works. The Uninstaller does not remove all the services from the registry and the windows installer helper was also unable to successfully Uninstaller the software.

It originally started with studio shutting down 5 seconds after opening any project.

Did you read the above documentation?
What version you are trying to install?