Could not connect to UiPath Robot Service. Make sure the service is started!

@ddpadil, thank you for response was showing access denied when i tried it manually, as of now it is working ok after I started the system next morning :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t have option to Start services. How do I start it?

1 Like

I also face these kinds of situations. But after restart my PC my problem get resolved.

Nice !!!

You can keep shortcut of Robot - UiRobot.exe on your desktop and use it to restart the robot.

1 Like

I tried this , But ui path robot service is Not showing in that

I am facing same issue and couldn’t find UiRobotSvc in the list.

1 Like

I’ve posted a new topic for this, as also unable to start the UiRobot service so I can complete the on-line Orchestrator training practices.

I am using the Community edition provided via a link sent when I enrolled. So far no issues running projects locally for the Foundation training. Also using Windows 10.

I have also reached out to the UI Path Academy team via their contact form.

@stevewakley - I am facing the same issue. Please post something here if you receive a reply!

Hi Vladmir, have a look at my other thread. Once I found UiRobot.exe in C:\Users[YorUserName]\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.1.3, I created a short-cut and ensured added to Start-up Items. Once run, the UiRobot icon will appear in the system tray (remember in Windows 10 you may need to click on the ‘up’ arrow ^ to show hidden icons, go to Task Bar Setting to chose to always show).

If you are using UiPath community edition then you can only start UiRobot.exe which will show Robot icon in system tray. Then you can provision the Robot and get connected to Orchestrator. But you cannot run Jobs as Robot service is not running. For that you need to use “UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform Trial” https://www.uipath.com/download-free-automation-software-trial. Also check in The Windows Installer its clearly mentioned.

2 Likes

please watch this

You can run Jobs with the Robot in CE by connecting it as a Development Robot to Orchestrator CE: https://platform.uipath.com

Go to Services and STart hte USOSVC Services and then the UIROBOT Does start and then u can connect it to ORchestrator

Thats not our service

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I has same this issue but when i restarted UiRobot it worked.
So, i want to know Why are reasons occur this issue? and How to avoid this problem in future?

Thanks a lot,

Hello,

As @ Saikat mentioned, the robot is running as as service only for the enterprise version. If you close the robot tray, the service still runs.
If this service is stopped, you cannot run any flows.

If you have the community version, when you start the robot tray, a process called UiRobot or UiPath.Service.Host (for 18.2) appears under Processes tab from Windows Task Manger. In you close the robot tray, the process disappears, but if you trigger a job from Studio, it reappears.

@Th_Dam_TVan
Sometimes, because of windows restart or power on, the service can be slow to start. It will start eventually, as it is on a delayed start, but it may take a while.
However, this is rare from what I have seen.

P.S> I also like Misfits :wink:
-Andrei

1 Like

Thank for your help