Could not cast or convert from System.String to UiPath.Models.WorkflowFileInfo.
System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to UiPath.Models.WorkflowFileInfo.
Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object ins, Object outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)
Exception rethrown at :
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at UiPath.Models.IUiPathRemoteContract.StartJob(Stream jobInfo)
at UiPath.Models.UiPathProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.Run(String workflowFilePath, String projectName)
at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<get_RunWorkflowCommand>b__72_0(Object param)
at UiPath.Workflow.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter)
@andrzej.kniola - Hi Andrea, Thanks for responding. I have no variables, arguments in this project. it is just a sequence which has open browser and the URL mentioned in it… i din even have Do activity in here.
@andrzej.kniola - yes, its really wierd. i tried to work in my workplace with the same workflow. it works.
Might be a restart of uiPath helps, but before doing that… wanted to take a chance on enquiring with other folks if there could be any other reason on missing somethign.
Yes! every other activities worked… i did a couple of activity checks like type into, messagebox etc…but in a different sequance. I restarted the ui path and and it worked fine now… but still, as said earlier am not sure what was the error and why it occured earlier. Strange thing is, i ran the same workflow without any changes and it worked fine.
Its the common solution for all softwares though, jus put this question forward as am not sure if am missing any activity installations or plugins etc…
@Pradeep.Robot: This could be just a one time issue that we might come across, as long as the issue is not recurring not to worry. This happens to me very seldom, whenever something breaks/ fails without a possible logical explanation - I had to close and open the project again, or just restart will fix it.
same Issue here, have no Inputs as well - tried now with inputs (same Issue)
Same Flow with just “open browser IE and URL”, have latest Community Edition, and the execution logs show just execution started and executions ended.
I have no Issues with Studio Execution, just if I try to start from Powershell using following commands
UIpath Support stated: “It was supported before v2016.2. The support was removed for later versions
That’s a reason a note is already mentioned at start of document, Note: The Robot API is no longer supported. We recommend using the Orchestrator API.”