'CopyAsPicture' activity of UiPathTeam.Excel.Extensions fails when executed under locked screen

I am using CopyAsPicture activity of UiPathTeam.Excel.Extensions package (v1.0.7107) to select a range of cells in excel and save as a image. This piece of code perfectly works when I am logged into the machine. But when I try to run it under the locked screen I am getting below error. I am using the Community edition. Some help is highly appreciated.

RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: CopyPicture method of Range class failed 
   at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
   at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range.CopyPicture(XlPictureAppearance Appearance, XlCopyPictureFormat Format)
   at UiPathTeam.Excel.Extensions.CopyAsPitcure.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
   at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
   at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at UiPath.Executor.BaseRunner.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result)
   at UiPath.Executor.InProcessRunner.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result)
   at UiPath.Core.Activities.ExecutorInvokeActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at UiPath.Executor.BaseRunner.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result)
   at UiPath.Executor.InProcessRunner.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result)
   at UiPath.Core.Activities.ExecutorInvokeActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

@urweeraratne I don’t think the Community Edition supports the Locked Screen Execution. You may have to use Enterprise Edition and also might have to follow these Steps in the Guide Link given below :

1 Like

Thanks… it worked with enterprise edition… :slight_smile:

1 Like