Copy Text of a paragraph

On a webpage there is a paragraph.
When I am using the Click event (Click_Down) event & start copying the data till Click event (Click_Up). The data getting copied is from the middle of the paragraph. Whole content of the paragraph is not getting copied.

For ex:- 30 senior corporate executives elected by the general membership ​to 3-year terms. The Board of Governors meets three times a year for regular meetings.

The bot starts copying data from “year terms. The Board of Governors meets three times a year for regular meetings.”

Hi @pbhumit6887,
Welcome to the Community!
Can you please describe how exactly are you copying the text. Step-by-step which activities etc.

1 Like

Sequence → Do →

Click Event (Indicated on Screen) [Click property i.e. ClickType = Click_Down]
Click Event (Indicated on Screen) [Click property i.e. ClickType = Click_Up]
Copy Selected Text event.

And then I pasted it an excel sheet column using excel scope events.

Hmm it seems that click down action is “starting” from wrong place. To be honest this approach for text copy might be not reliable. What about sending keyboard hotkey like “ctrl+a” (mark all) and then “ctrl+c” (copy). Even copied text is bigger you can do the substring or regex. Of course those are only my thoughts :slight_smile:

Thanks Pablito,
I somehow figured it out.

I only had to change the mouse orientation i.e. a Position option in Click event. By default its center. Thus it was going to the

center & starting the click.

I changed it to Top Left. Now the bot starts perfectly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.