Copy/Paste Range: Failed setting the current sheet to Original error message: 0x800AC472

I keep getting this 0x800AC472 error in excel whenever I try to use write cell or write range. It has come while I try to use copy/paste Range as well. At times, the error has occured while reading as well. What might be the main reasons? but weirdly sometimes it works. is it due to excel or network issue in my office?

@Samraat_Maharjan1

Check if the excel have been opened in the background.

If there are no other excel open while opening this excel sheet, before the Excel Application Scope activity, use a Kill Process activity to kill excel.exe processes.

Or else try with WORKBOOK Activities with READ RANGE ACTIVITY instead of EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE and try once

Regards

Nop, it hasn’t been opened in background. Sometimes, it says write issue. permission related.

@Samraat_Maharjan1

The error code 0x800AC472 in Excel typically indicates a communication issue between UiPath and Excel.

• Restart your computer and try running the automation again.
  • Check if the issue persists with different Excel files or on different machines.
  • Update UiPath and Excel to the latest versions to ensure compatibility.
  • Review the event logs or error messages for more specific details on the cause of the error.

Try the following

->Before running your UiPath workflow, ensure that there are no Excel processes running in the background.
->Add the “Kill Process” activity before interacting with Excel to ensure any existing Excel processes are terminated.
→ Add some delay before interacting with Excel to give it enough time to initialize.
→ Make sure that the Excel files you are accessing are not corrupted, and they do not have any unsupported elements.
→ Ensure that you are using the latest version of UiPath Studio and Excel-related activities to avoid version compatibility problems.

Regards,

@Samraat_Maharjan1

Use workbook activities instead of excel activities.
If you want to try with excel activities then use kill process to kill the excel process if it’s running in the background.