Copy (Get Text) from forwarded email

Hi All,

Firstly I apologies if this topic has been brought up before.

I am trying to copy (or using Get Text or any similar) from forwarded email in Outlook 2013 and Type Into Notepad. But unable to do so. I am still new into this UiPath and love to learn more from you guys :smiley:

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks a lot!

@ahalfian what error you are getting now

This is what I can copy from the error. Not sure what is it.

Update2 has thrown an exception

Source: Get visible text β€˜_WwG’

Message: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:

Exception Type: SelectorNotFoundException

UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: β€”> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
β€” End of inner exception stack trace β€”
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

This error occurs due to selectors changing use ui explorer

Any idea how can I fix it? I have tried many ways, but no luck. I tried change to Get Text from notepad, it working well. Only this one, it maybe does not recognize the words.

Try to use Get full text or Get Visible text with proper selector.

If nothing is working then you can use ctrl+a and ctrl+c in send hotkeys activities.

I have tried Get Full Text and Get Visible text, but non succeed. Let me try old way which Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C. Thanks for your advice!

Tried Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, but not working.
Funny thing is, if I do it backward (means copy from notepad to new email in Outlook 2013), it worked just fine. The only problem is, I could not copy any text in Outlook 2013 I guess.

Please share the selector that you are using for outlook

I have this same problem when copying ranges in excel. In order for me to copy the range in excel I would have to β€œclick” on the excel application (In order to activate the window) and then copy my selected range. I presume this solution would also work for you. β€œclick” the email that you wish to copy and then you will probably be able to paste it anywhere you would like. Let me know if anyone knows of a better solution!!

1 Like