Copy Excel data with all colors and all format

Hi All,

I want to copy data of 1 sheet with color and all the formats and paste it into another sheet of the same excel. it is working with Hot keys but i want another way of doing it.

Thanks
Charu Rathi

Open excel and use copy and paste…using data table it may not be possible or bit complicated…

Hi @Charu_Rathi,

If u r able to get this done with combination of Hotkeys - that is pretty good.:slight_smile:

Any specific reason y u wanna try an alternate way.

Some times hotkeys fails and i just wanted to know another way for my knowledge

Hi @Charu_Rathi

HOTKEYS will not fail :slight_smile: as long as the selector for that Excel file is correct …

Please goto the Selector and the attribute which contains the excel file name, after the Hifen - Just put a star * sign.

I have attached a screen shot for ref.

Please try sending Hotkeys and let me know if u get any errors .

Hi @Charu_Rathi,

May i know how did you create a WF to copy a template with format and paste it to another sheet using Hotkeys? I wanna try this. Appreciate your help on this. Thanks!

Regards,
Miko

Hello,

Greetings!:slightly_smiling_face:
Open both the excel by using Excel Application Scope and use Type Into instead of Hot keys.
In the Type Into for “COPY” use:- [d(ctrl)]c[u(ctrl)]
In the Type Into for “PASTE” use:- [d(ctrl)]v[u(ctrl)]
In the Type Into for “SELECT ALL” use:- [d(ctrl)]a[u(ctrl)]

Regards,
Charu Rathi

1 Like

Hi @baldonazamiko,

It helps you to fix this .

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Hi @Charu_Rathi, type into is working. however im having an error prompted as “Type into ‘EXCEL7’_Copy All : Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: ”

Here is my WF:
excelcopy

Please guide me. Thanks

Please create a stable selector using UI Explorer and if you need more help then you can share your Work Flow File.

Hi @Charu_Rathi, It worked then. Thanks for your help! However i have another prob. i am using “format painter” directly clicking on it at excel then after it sometimes pop up something in excel saying that “i am copying large size…” Just like that. What i want to do is that when this pop up appears, i just need to close it or click cancel button in it to proceed to another activity but when i do nothing happens. What can i do? any suggestion? Appreciate your help.

Here is the pop up message appreared when i click format painter.

Thanks

hi, please intall this component and use custom activity called copy and past https://github.com/inforoy/UipathExcelUtility/tree/master/nuget%20package

best regards

Elvis Humareda

Hi @Charu_Rathi ,

I used Hotkeys to copy-paste the sheet. The thing is that it is not copying the row colours and table. All it copies is plain text. How can I copy data exactly same as from the first sheet?

Thanks
Merlin

Hey @Merlin_Joseph, welcome to the forum.

I would highly suggest installing the BalaReva.Excel.Activities, as mentioned by @balupad14 further up: Copy Excel data with all colors and all format - #8 by balupad14

It works really well and I think it may solve your issue.

1 Like