Convert xlsx to xls

I need to convert one xlsx file to xls, any assistance would be appreciable.

1 Like

@SauravYadav

Use Start Process activity and pass that xlsx file path to open and then save it as xls file.

1 Like

@lakshman

Can you please share some sample, if possible for you.

Hi
Hope these steps would help you resolve this
—use a EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE and pass the file path as input and inside the scope use a Read Range activity and get the output with a variable of type datatable named dt
—Now use another excel application scope and pass file path of new excel file with xls file extension
—inside that loop use a WRITE RANGE activity and mention the datatable dt as input Where enable ADD HEADERS Property

Cheers @SauravYadav

2 Likes

Saurav.xaml (7.2 KB)
Refer this.

1 Like

Hi @SauravYadav,

May this help you.

https://go.uipath.com/component/file-converter

Regards
Balamurugan.S

4 Likes

@Palaniyappan, Hi,

I did created a process as you mentioned but the new file which get created with extension .xls is not converted fully it seems,

Am getting below message when opening the file and also when checking the extension in saving file, it shows .xlsx.

Hi
It seems like you are trying to save from front end UI
Is it so
Did this error appeared in doing these steps

Cheers @SauravYadav

@SauravYadav

As @balupad14 mentioned, Install above component from Uipath GO and to convert to xlsx to xls file. It’s simple one.

1 Like

@lakshman, Hi,

As a good practices using third party activity is not a good solution and it is prohibitted in my work space, I would rather do this by using click activities but I was thinking some other ways to do this if possible.

Anyways I appreciate your guidance.

1 Like

@Palaniyappan, Hi,

Yes, the process successfully executed but when I am manually trying to open the created xls file those error am getting and the same error am getting when am using file move activity from .xlsx to xls folder path.

@Palaniyappan, Hi,

Any luck to find the resolution for file conversion, would appreciate it.

Hi All,

I have find the easiest way to convert the file and it works accurately as required.

• Use Workbook “Read Range” activity with file name (.xlsx)
  • Use Workbook “Write Range” activity with file name (.xls)

Cheers :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your time and idea, much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.