Continueonerror timeout

Hello,

I am trying to find an image on a web page, if that image is found it increases the counter for that image by 1. There are 5 different images.

The program works well with continueonerror turned true but for each image these is a 120 seconds delay since there are 4 other continue on errors that it has to go through

Is there any way with which we can reduce the standard 30 seconds delay on continueonerror to maybe 1 second?

Hi,

In the timeout property give it as 1000 this will reduce the wait time from 30 seconds, which is default (30000) to 1 second.

Regards,
Pavan H

@VirajN,

What activity are you using to find an image.

If you use Image Exists or Element Exists activity then goto properties of that activity and change timeout(milliseconds) from 30000 to 1000.

1 Like

I am trying to use click image, even after changing the timeout to 1000 it still takes 30 secs to proceed.

Hi,

In Click image property that you have mentioned it works as expected for me, for your reference can you try giving the wait for ready property as complete and see.

The wait for ready property is interactive by default because as soon as bot finds the image it will click and move to next activity, if not then the bot will wait till the given timeout. And if the property is set to complete in this case weather image present or not it will wait for the timeout time to complete and if the image found it wil click or else it will go to next activity, if continue on error is true.

Regards,
Pavan H

1 Like

in top up on @pavanh003 try to change wait for ready as None also.:smiley:

1 Like

@pavanh003 @Himanshu.joshi

tried both, neither of them worked. Its still taking 30 seconds

Hi,
Send an example workflow to click on image ND lets see if it takes same time from our end also

Regards,
Pavan H

This is for linkedin so before executing this workflow you might want a linkedin profile open which is not your 1st connection.

Sample.xaml (20.2 KB)

Hi @VirajN ,

The bot took less time as I tried making all the wait for ready property as interactive, it don’t need any linked in profile since your click image has continue on error as true if not found for 1 second it will go to next activity.

Bydefault it should have taken around 120 seconds + the initial bot start and end time, but it is taking only around 1 minute 7 econds to complete the entire process.

Doe this help you in solving the issue?
Regards,
Pavan H

@pavanh003 actually what you mentioned is the issue that needs to be solved. I need help in reducing this time to a few seconds.

Hi @VirajN,

That’s what I have suggested you, if you make the timeout property to 1000 mili seconds instead of default 30 seconds(30000) milliseconnds, the bit will go through each activity in less time

Regards,
Pavan H

@pavanh003 I have already done that, I have also changed the waitforready to none, interactive and complete and it still takes 30 seconds no matter that we put in the timeout

@pavanh003 @Himanshu.joshi

I don’t know how or why this worked but this seems to have resolved my issue after I finally banged my head on the computer. :smiley:

Delay time reduced from 120 secs to 1 sec

Did you find a solution?

Yes, its working great now. I used the settings mentioned above

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.