ContinueOnError for getting text

Hi
I am scraping some data like name, email after entering some ID.
But there is a case when the email is not present so the process stops on the screen.
I want the robot to continue it’s execution.
How can i do that?
I have enabled Continueonerror to be true, still the execution stops at that screen.
Please help.

What error are you getting?

I guess it is stopping after that Activity and could you please show me the condition you wrote after this Activity.

The execution gets stuck at the screen.
Nothing happens.

I am scanning their names and entering them into an excel sheet.
Now for the names which are not scanned, I want the robot to skip that name in the excel sheet and leave it blank. @lakshman

1 Like

Check the TimeoutMS property. You can set it to 0 to not wait de default 30 seconds.

We can use TRY CATCH block buddy
were when the email is not present to be extracted, exception occured and it will go to CATCH block where you can pass a String.Empty value to the email variable that is entered to the excel
So that the exception wont stop the workflow and that corresponding row will be entered with blank value and the process will continue again

Hope this would help you buddy
Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @udhhav_arora

Yes, it worked. But it led to another problem.
Now instead of leaving the error name blank, the robot copies the previous name details in the excel sheet. :neutral_face:

Assign Nothing to the variables before getting the values from the website.

I have tried everything.
All this in Try Catch.
Assigned nothing.
Set the variable’s default value to nothing.
For the exceptional case, the robot is just copying the data of the previous ID.
@RobertD @Palaniyappan

Can you share a screen shot of the workflow? :smiley:

Wait, I guess the issue is that the robot is not seeing it as an exception which is to be caught.
I mean, if the robot is not able to scan the name/email ID, although it skips it…it doesn’t consider it as an exception.
What kind of exception should i mention anyway?
Is it InvalidOperationException? @RobertD @Palaniyappan

If you want to use the try/catch, set ContinueOnError to false, and most likely the exception will be SelectorNotFound or something like that.

1 Like

No luck.
It’s skipping the invalid entry row.

Email variable is a generic value

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.