Connector.Salesforce.Activities

Thanks for the reply @balupad14

I already have 1.0.2 uploaded into gallery.uipath.com, do you mean that uploading again with 1.0.3 will overwrite the existing package there with the latest one.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

@Rammohan91 Thank you!! Thank you!! You don’t know how much this activity was needed. You wouldn’t by chance be working on an activity that could mimic the Salesforce workbench activities like Update, Insert, etc. by using a file? :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @Rammohan91 ,

It won’t overwrite.It will be added a new version. It keeps the older version.

Regards
Balamurugan

2 Likes

Thank you. Glad that its helpful for you.:slight_smile:

Haven’t checked yet, will see if there are api’s from salesforce that can be utilized.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

1 Like

Thank you @balupad14 It worked. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

@rodwaymore You may want to have a look at the activities i just added to this custom activity.

2 more custom activities are now available ‘Insert Record PROD’ & ‘Insert Record SANDBOX’ for the package. I just tested it and the insertion of the record works perfectly for me. I would be happy if you can test it on your end since you requested it first :slight_smile: I will try to create one soon for update as well.

Note:
Field Names, Field Values are string arrays and Object Name is String. Follow as below:

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Wow!!! I really didn’t expect such a fast turnaround on this. I’ll check it out right now and get right back you! You REALLY don’t know how helpful this will be for the Salesforce project we are working on.

I tried Inserting a case but I get an “Index was out of range” error.

The Salesforce FieldNames names are
{“AccountID”,“ContactID”,“Type”,“Center_of_Excellence__c”,“Origin”,“Subject”,“Description”,“RecordTypeID”,“IsVisibleInSelfService”,“Status”,“OwnerID”}

The FieldValues that I am using are:
{“xxxxxxxxxx”,“xxxxxxxx”,“Orders”,“Partner Services & Operations”,“EDU ARC Automation”,“**This is a test EDU ARC Order. It will be deleted by RPA Team. DISREGARD”,“This is a test description”,“Order Support”,“FALSE”,“Open - Unassigned”,“Partner Services & Operations”}

I removed the actual AccountID number and ContactID numbers and replaced with “x” in this communication so those values are actually numbers.

The ObjectName is “Case”

Hey @rodwaymore, Thank you so much for testing that. I was hard coding the array size of FieldNames. Its now dynamic and takes the length from the FieldNames property. It should work now. Fix 1.0.6 updated on the gallery now.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

1 Like

I have setup the automation to display the RecordID output in a message box and now I am getting the following for RecordID:

~Rodney~

Just for clarification…Order Support is the value that I currently use if I was creating a case via the workbench for the RecordTypeID field.

Hey @rodwaymore, Is ‘Order Support’ a Record Type for that case? Aren’t you suppose to pass the id of the record type instead of the value?

Added 2 more activities to the package - ‘Update Record PROD’ & ‘Update Record SANDBOX’.
Latest Version 1.0.7 has been uploaded to UiPath Gallery.

Properties:
ID - Id of the salesforce record that needs to be updated. VariableType is String.
FieldNames - String Array of Field Names that needs to be updated.
FieldValues - String Array of Field Values that needs to be updated in sync with the FieldNames array.
ObjectName - Object of the Salesforce that would be updated. VariableType is String.

Let me know in case anyone see any issues with these activities.

Would be happy to receive more suggestions for building custom activities that may be needed related to salesforce. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

@Rammohan91, Order Support is a drop down value that can be selected for the RecordTypeID field. I thought that I was supposed to enter the field value as a string for the field name. The fieldname is RecordTypeID. Are you saying that I need to get the ID number of drop down value instead? This doesn’t seem to be a problem for the other values but let me do some more testing just to make sure this is the only field that I am having a problem with. I will also look at the Update function, too.

Thanks again for all your work on this.

I think I may see what the problem is and it may not be on your side. Let me do a few more tests on my side and I will get back to you in a day or so. Thanks.

For a Picklist Field inside an object, value can be passed directly. However if it’s a RecordType or Lookup Field then the 15 digit salesforce id needs to be passed as the value of that particular field.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Would you happen to know an easy way of getting the salesforce ID of a value? The example that I gave earlier was a picklist value so I thought it would have worked but I’m gonna try a couple of things tomorrow. Thanks.

Navigate as below to get the id of the Record Type in your salesforce instance,

Setup → Build → Customize → Cases → Record Types

You should see your Record Type value ‘Order Support’ under the list in this page. Click on it and select the id value from the URL. It would be in the url as a parameter like https://…?id=<15digitsalesforceid>

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Unfortunately that doesn’t work. I can see Order Support under Case Record Type but it is not a hyperlinked value so you can’t click on it. I’ll look into this further and get back to you. Thanks.

~Rodney~

Execute this query using ‘Execute SOQL PROD’ Custom Activity.
“Select Id, Name from RecordType”.

This should provide you the list of all the ids and names of record types in your salesforce instance. Look for your ‘Order Support’ Record Type and its associated id.

Let me know in case it works.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.