Cannot connect Test Manager to Jira with error: "Given configuration is invalid. Please check Server Url and API Key. javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"
Or with error: “Connection to specified Jira-URL cannot be established.”
If the error states “Given configuration is invalid. Please check Server Url and API Key.”, proceed as per below:
- Install the Test Manager certificate in the JVM store of Jira server following instructions listed at post How to Import A Public SSL Certificate Into A JVM? .
- Restarted both machines
- That the Jira URL is accessible from the Test Manager server. If not, correct any networking settings that might prevent the access.
- Make sure the Jira - Test Manager integration was done as recommended in Atlassian Jira documentation
- Make sure that Jira allows for 3rd party tools integration
- Check if the Test Manager server uses a self-signed certificate. If yes, it needs to be imported into the Jira server and the Jira server's certificate be imported into the Test Manager server.