How to Connect to SnowFlake DB from Studio with OKTA authentication?
You can configure the ODBC connection for SnowFlake and use the same DSN in UiPath database activities to connect. Follow the below steps
Part 1: Installing and Setting up Snowflake ODBC
Step 1 - Download and install the Snowflake ODBC Client (32 Bit) from here .
Step 2 - Setup the ODBC System DSN.
- Go to ODBC Data Source Administrator (32 Bit)
- Go to System DSN tab
- Click on Add
- Click on Snowflake DSIIDriver.
- Add the following parameters:
Data Source: Name of the Snowflake connection
User: Username for Snowflake
Password: Password for Snowflake
Server: Server URL can be picked as follows:
i.e. for e.g if Snowflake link is https://zu20643.europe-west2.gcp.snowflakecomputing.com/ , the value of Server URL is zu20643.europe-west2.gcp.snowflakecomputing.com. Kindly ensure to remove the "https://" and the "/" after the .com
Database: Name of the database(Optional)
Schema: Name of Schema (Optional)
Warehouse: Name of Warehouse(Optional)
Role: Your role(Optional)
Tracing (0-6): 0 for No tracing, 4 for Info Tracing, 6 for Detailed Tracing
The configuration dialog will look as follows:
Part 2: Connecting UiPath to Snowflake
- Create a new project in UiPath Studio.
- Add the following Package: UiPath.Database.Activities
- Open the XAML file in editor and add the Connect activity from database package
- In the CONNECT activity, click on Configure Connection -> Connection Wizard.
- Choose Data Source as Microsoft ODBC Data Source
- Configure the SnowFlake DSN
- Click on "Refresh". Then select the DSN Created in Snowflake ODBC Driver.
- Give username = Snowflake Username and password = Snowflake Password.
- Click on Test Connection
- Execute a Query and Save the data in a Datatable. The connection should work now.