How to Connect to SnowFlake DB from Studio with OKTA authentication?
Perform the below steps:
Configure the ODBC connection for SnowFlake and use the same DSN in UiPath database activities to connect as recommended below
Part 1: Installing and Setting up Snowflake ODBC
- Download and install the Snowflake ODBC Client (32 Bit) from the Snowflake Client Repository
- Setup the ODBC System DSN.
- Go to ODBC Data Source Administrator (32 Bit)
- Go to System DSN tab
- Click on Add
- Click on Snowflake DSIIDriver.
- Add the following parameters:
Data Source: Name of the Snowflake connection
User: Username for Snowflake
Password: Password for Snowflake
Server: Server URL can be picked as follows:
i.e. for e.g if Snowflake link is https://zu20643.europe-west2.gcp.snowflakecomputing.com/ , the value of Server URL is zu20643.europe-west2.gcp.snowflakecomputing.com. Kindly ensure to remove the "https://" and the "/" after the .com
Database: Name of the database(Optional)
Schema: Name of Schema (Optional)
Warehouse: Name of Warehouse(Optional)
Role: Your role(Optional)
Tracing (0-6): 0 for No tracing, 4 for Info Tracing, 6 for Detailed Tracing
The configuration dialog will look as follows:
Part 2: Connecting UiPath to Snowflake
- Create a new project in UiPath Studio.
- Add the following Package: UiPath.Database.Activities
- Open the XAML file in editor and add the Connect activity from database package
- In the CONNECT activity, click on Configure Connection -> Connection Wizard.
- Choose Data Source as Microsoft ODBC Data Source
- Configure the SnowFlake DSN
- Click on "Refresh". Then select the DSN Created in Snowflake ODBC Driver.
- Give username = Snowflake Username and password = Snowflake Password.
- Click on Test Connection
- Execute a Query and Save the data in a Datatable. The connection should work now.