Confusion around Advanced Certification exam feedback

Hi Everyone,

First post here. I have completed my first attempt in the advanced certification and got a mark of 68. A bit confusing as I didn’t understand any of the failed criterias. Just to let you know I’ve already completed the advanced training and I’m comfortable developing using UiPath for about a year now.
I’ve received the following:

check config file - config.xlsx for extra configurations for acme_url and acme_credential,
Yes both of them are there exactly as it should be and as mentioned in the walkthroughs provided in the advanced training assignments. I’m using Orchestrator assets for the credential and URL.

check for renaming activities 1,
It does not show here which activity they are refering to as there are many in difference sequences. Could leaving one activity like ‘attach browser’ result in this? I have put descriptive names and annotations to any unclear activity.

check for renaming activities 2,
As above.

check for correct queue item properties with optimal usage,
I could be missing something here. Are they refering to the default QueueItem datatype in the argument? or the ‘Get Transaction Item’ activity? Either way I’m using the default REF which i thought is using the optimal properties anyway. Please share your thoughs.

check for validation of correct items
They could be refernig to validating amounts in here? I remember this in one of the advanced assignments but my assignment deals with strings. Not sure what to do here may be usng regular expressions to validate the string format?

I also think I got a slightly wrong instructions for the excercise. Check the attached image. It asked to grab the invoice date and total and to compate them to invoice date and invoice item which is not the same as the invoice total. A bit confusing. I have removed the rest of the instructions as this might violate some of the rules in this forum.

I know the whole scoring criteria ia automated that’s why I need some feedback/comments as I don’t want to make a second attempt without having an explanation for the previous issues.

Cheers,

3 Likes

Hi @RPA_user, i do believe the question is a bit confusing, it should be either pass invoice total and date or check for invoice total and date.

I also got the same question, except the search criteria was on date and TAXID, though mine was correct instruction and I also passed in the first attempt.

Couple of things to take care for passing the exam will be :

1. Use annotations and name the activities to what it does (Like ‘open ACME site’)
  2. Use comment activity to explain the logic behind
  3. Define businessexception in your process appropriately with the custom messages (default RE framework will set it to Nothing, so you need to define when the are not matching)
    4.Navigate using separate reusable sequence or workflow.

Also i hope, you have referred the grading scheme already(if not look in the attached sheet), try to follow the advanced criterias.
AdvancedCertification-GradingScheme.xlsx (12.9 KB)

Hope it helps! for any other query on your assignment, you can PM me.

2 Likes

Hello, Can you please help me with the below comments so that I don’t repeat same mistakes in next attempt?

Your final mark is 66

Unfortunately you did not pass the Certification on 2019-03-09 21:24:52.

Your status is - Not Certified

Failed criteria:

check config file - config.xlsx for extra configurations for acme_url and acme_credential,
check for correct target selector 1,
check usage of transactiondata,
check for correct usage of transactiondata,
check against using hardcoded values 1,
check against using hardcoded values 2,
check using correct city values,
check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 2

Hi @nehalakhani, on top of above explained points, i believe the problem might be not using the guidelines provided in the question as most of them looked like you missed e.g. ‘check for correct usage of transactiondata’, which looks like it is because the given transactiondata type was not used (by default it will be queueitem)

Rest of the comments, somehow also is linking to the guidelines only, i suggest to use annotations and comment activity wherever possible.

Good luck for your next attempt! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have passed the exam on my second try. In addition to what Sheshrocks have mentioned, do the following:

check config file - config.xlsx for extra configurations for acme_url and acme_credential:
I think here they mean filling some info in the description column. That’s what I did anyway.

check against using hardcoded values:
Never hard code any value. Always use variables

check using correct city values:
Not sure what was your exercise but in the main ‘Process’, always validate data. Check if retrieved values are null or empty. If they are numbers, make sure they are valid numbers, etc. Once the data is valid, then do the rest of the checks as per instructions.

Good luck.

1 Like

the very most important is for the ‘hard code’ part, whatever we use e.g. xxx.item(0) or xxx.item(“city”), 0 and city is also hard code, but this one , we cannot avoid this issue, I also want to know, how to handle this ‘hard code’ part by other candidate ?

Can someone here solve the problem, check using correct city values?
my project came with the same error and I did not understand the reason for this error?

Comedy part is I got just and just 5 marks, am really confused what would have been wrong. I did a dispatcher and performer problem. I used REframewok for both, but result shows u need to use REframework.
I created saperate workflows for close, login, and kill process but still it shows to do all of them. Only mistake I did is I hardcoded values whole testing, but realised after submitting, it was working all fine. I really don’t know how can I get just 5 marks :joy::joy:

Can someone help me understand this feedback…

check separate xaml file for close acme, with correct definition and functionality. ,
check the closeallapplications.xaml file, for correct definition and functionality. ,
check the killallprocesses.xaml file, for correct definition and functionality. ,
check for renaming activities 1, (renamed and added annotation to the activites)
check for renaming activities 2,
check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 1 ,
check usage of transactiondata,
check for correct usage of transactiondata,
check against using hardcoded values 2,
check using correct city values,
check for optimal validation of tax id,
check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 2

I have one chance left & would like to clear some of these up before I take it again

any one figured out how city or ZERO(0) can be avoided? got the same comment today and stuck with 60 marks!