Compress files to .zip format

For some reason I don’t see ZipArchive (Compression.FileSystem) class, I’m using 2016.2 , Windows 2012 R2

You need to manually add the reference to System.IO.Compression.FileSystem in the xaml and restart (see post 5 here).
I’m wondering if it’s not loading it correctly though.

Sometimes I’d wish we could just add references to .dll’s without jumping through endless hoops :frowning:

2 Likes

Good tip. Works for me without Invokemethod as the Retrun type is “ZipArchiveEntry”, but unable to open the Zip file.Am i missing something?

Compress.xaml (9.2 KB)

3 Likes

Please ignore, i forgot to dispose the ZipArchive. Works now.

Compress.xaml (9.2 KB)

6 Likes

while running this code getting unauthorized access exception

Hi @sowmya,

That error is maybe because your zipPath is a folder.

You need to assign it the new zip file to be created(ex: “C:\Users\admin\Documents\test.zip”).
Then, assign to the filepath variable the folder path to get the files to be compressed(ex: “C:\Users\admin\Documents”).

It should work without errors after doing this.

1 Like

yes its working fine thank you

I want to attach the zip file and send smtp mail how to do this one?

Hello @sowmya,

You could try to use Send SMTP Mail Message activity:

https://www.uipath.com/activities-guide/send-smtp-mail-message

Regards,
Susana

yes we send mail using SMTP but I want attach all the files presented in zip folder dynamically.
files count may change .:frowning:

Hello @sowmya,
Ok, take a look at this:

Regards,
Susana

2 Likes

excelent work

Can you please share your workflow where it worked for you, as i’m trying to do the same but I’m getting unauthorized exception.

Could you please share your workflow

Hi Manjusha,

The workflow is the one shared by Vinay here, i just assigned the zipPath and filepath variables the corresponding paths. Here it is:
Compress.xaml (9.1 KB)

I’m getting compilation error in my xaml file. I imported required namespaces but still no success.

Hi @avi.ngp,

Try System.IO.Path.GetName(file)

Regards,
Arivu

Yes It works if We write a file path instead of directory path

or you can use this activity from BalaReva

3 Likes

How can I get this activity?

I searched for it but It doesnt exists